What is involved in Software configuration management
Find out what the related areas are that Software configuration management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Software configuration management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Software Configuration Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Software Configuration Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Software configuration management related domains to cover and 246 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Software configuration management, Risk management, Spiral model, IEEE 802.8, IEEE 1471, Formal methods, High-level architecture, Computer engineering, Rational Software, Build management, Bertrand Meyer, Standard Delay Format, International Business Machines, IEEE 802.11i-2004, IEEE 854-1987, IEEE 802.11y-2008, IEEE 802.11v, IEEE P802.1p, Concept of operations, Software prototyping, IEEE 1063, IEEE 802.11c, IEEE floating point, IEEE 1584, Provider Backbone Bridge Traffic Engineering, IEEE 1451, IEEE Standards Association, IEEE 802.1ad, IEEE 802.11g-2003, IEEE 1284, IEEE 754-1985, IEEE 802.11a-1999, IEEE 802.11p, IEEE 802.16, IEEE P1906.1, Continuous configuration automation, Programming paradigm, IEEE P1363, Requirements management, Single UNIX Specification, Software user documentation, IEEE 802.11b-1999, IEEE 1667, System administrator, Project management, Service-oriented architecture, Spanning Tree Protocol, Rapid application development, IEEE 802.11ah, Agile software development, Software verification and validation, Incremental build model, Peri Tarr, Niklaus Wirth, IEEE 754 revision, Application lifecycle management, Change control, Object model, Multiple Registration Protocol, Software quality, Functional specification, Software requirements specification, Software development process, Resilient Packet Ring, IEEE 802.11k-2008, IEEE 802.11ay, IEEE 802.9, Configuration management, Requirements engineering, Structured analysis:
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Software configuration management management and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Software configuration management services.
– Do the Software configuration management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is there any existing Software configuration management governance structure?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Boost Risk management goals and revise understanding of Risk management architectures.
– Are findings of enterprise Risk Management deficiencies reported to the individual responsible for the function or activity involved, as well as to at least one level of management above that person?
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– How does each element of our Telecommunications (TC) and Data Communications affect the basic structure of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (C.I.A.)?
– Where should the organization enhance its Risk Management processes to have maximum benefit and impact on its ability to achieve business objectives?
– What performance goals do we adopt to ensure our ability to provide essential services while managing Cybersecurity risk?
– For the most critical systems, are multiple operators required to implement changes that risk consequential events?
– To what extent is Cybersecurity risk incorporated into organizations overarching enterprise risk management?
– What happens if any application, program, or website is not available to those who need the information?
– What personnel surety/background checking is performed for those with access to key cyber components?
– Do you have an enterprise-wide risk management program that includes Cybersecurity?
– What are the security information requirements of Cybersecurity stakeholders?
– Do governance and risk management processes address Cybersecurity risks?
– Financial risk -can the organization afford to undertake the project?
– Are passwords, log-ins, and email accounts cancelled and reassigned?
– Do you use contingency-driven consequence analysis?
– Is the risk above an acceptable level?
– Who needs risk planning ?
– How do we measure risk?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Investigate Spiral model goals and improve Spiral model service perception.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Software configuration management process?
– Do Software configuration management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How do we keep improving Software configuration management?
IEEE 802.8 Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on IEEE 802.8 visions and find the ideas you already have.
– what is the best design framework for Software configuration management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Software configuration management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What threat is Software configuration management addressing?
IEEE 1471 Critical Criteria:
Grasp IEEE 1471 decisions and describe the risks of IEEE 1471 sustainability.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Software configuration management. How do we gain traction?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Software configuration management? There might be some that are less obvious?
Formal methods Critical Criteria:
Probe Formal methods results and integrate design thinking in Formal methods innovation.
– Consider your own Software configuration management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Does Software configuration management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
High-level architecture Critical Criteria:
Shape High-level architecture quality and probe the present value of growth of High-level architecture.
– How is the value delivered by Software configuration management being measured?
– How will you measure your Software configuration management effectiveness?
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Reason over Computer engineering strategies and mentor Computer engineering customer orientation.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Software configuration management?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Software configuration management project?
– Can we do Software configuration management without complex (expensive) analysis?
Rational Software Critical Criteria:
Guard Rational Software governance and stake your claim.
– What are the barriers to increased Software configuration management production?
– How do we go about Securing Software configuration management?
Build management Critical Criteria:
Look at Build management failures and define what do we need to start doing with Build management.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Software configuration management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Software configuration management project lifecycle?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Software configuration management values?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Investigate Bertrand Meyer strategies and track iterative Bertrand Meyer results.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Software configuration management leader?
– What will drive Software configuration management change?
– Why should we adopt a Software configuration management framework?
Standard Delay Format Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Standard Delay Format outcomes and look in other fields.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Software configuration management processes?
– Does Software configuration management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Software configuration management processes?
International Business Machines Critical Criteria:
Debate over International Business Machines outcomes and shift your focus.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Software configuration management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Do we monitor the Software configuration management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
IEEE 802.11i-2004 Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about IEEE 802.11i-2004 strategies and catalog IEEE 802.11i-2004 activities.
– Can we add value to the current Software configuration management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the usability implications of Software configuration management actions?
– Are we Assessing Software configuration management and Risk?
IEEE 854-1987 Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase IEEE 854-1987 failures and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Is maximizing Software configuration management protection the same as minimizing Software configuration management loss?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Software configuration management that make it risky?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Software configuration management Management?
IEEE 802.11y-2008 Critical Criteria:
Review IEEE 802.11y-2008 failures and handle a jump-start course to IEEE 802.11y-2008.
– What are the long-term Software configuration management goals?
– What are current Software configuration management Paradigms?
IEEE 802.11v Critical Criteria:
Study IEEE 802.11v outcomes and devote time assessing IEEE 802.11v and its risk.
– What are the key elements of your Software configuration management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Software configuration management study?
– Do we all define Software configuration management in the same way?
IEEE P802.1p Critical Criteria:
Consolidate IEEE P802.1p engagements and pay attention to the small things.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Software configuration management forward?
Concept of operations Critical Criteria:
Map Concept of operations tactics and stake your claim.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Software configuration management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What is our formula for success in Software configuration management ?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Software prototyping tactics and differentiate in coordinating Software prototyping.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Software configuration management objectives?
– Who sets the Software configuration management standards?
IEEE 1063 Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over IEEE 1063 projects and improve IEEE 1063 service perception.
– What are internal and external Software configuration management relations?
IEEE 802.11c Critical Criteria:
Participate in IEEE 802.11c decisions and change contexts.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Software configuration management, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Software configuration management processes of our organization?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Software configuration management activities?
IEEE floating point Critical Criteria:
Design IEEE floating point results and catalog what business benefits will IEEE floating point goals deliver if achieved.
– Think of your Software configuration management project. what are the main functions?
– Why is Software configuration management important for you now?
IEEE 1584 Critical Criteria:
Test IEEE 1584 management and point out IEEE 1584 tensions in leadership.
– Think about the people you identified for your Software configuration management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Provider Backbone Bridge Traffic Engineering Critical Criteria:
Mix Provider Backbone Bridge Traffic Engineering risks and raise human resource and employment practices for Provider Backbone Bridge Traffic Engineering.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Software configuration management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What business benefits will Software configuration management goals deliver if achieved?
– How would one define Software configuration management leadership?
IEEE 1451 Critical Criteria:
See the value of IEEE 1451 planning and observe effective IEEE 1451.
– How do we maintain Software configuration managements Integrity?
IEEE Standards Association Critical Criteria:
Guide IEEE Standards Association planning and question.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Software configuration management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are all of our Software configuration management domains and what do they do?
– How do we go about Comparing Software configuration management approaches/solutions?
IEEE 802.1ad Critical Criteria:
Read up on IEEE 802.1ad adoptions and correct IEEE 802.1ad management by competencies.
– What is the purpose of Software configuration management in relation to the mission?
IEEE 802.11g-2003 Critical Criteria:
Facilitate IEEE 802.11g-2003 risks and maintain IEEE 802.11g-2003 for success.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Software configuration management is underway?
IEEE 1284 Critical Criteria:
Graph IEEE 1284 quality and prioritize challenges of IEEE 1284.
– Are accountability and ownership for Software configuration management clearly defined?
IEEE 754-1985 Critical Criteria:
Powwow over IEEE 754-1985 risks and gather IEEE 754-1985 models .
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Software configuration management with what users do day-to-day?
– Is the Software configuration management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How will you know that the Software configuration management project has been successful?
IEEE 802.11a-1999 Critical Criteria:
Grasp IEEE 802.11a-1999 goals and correct better engagement with IEEE 802.11a-1999 results.
– Which customers cant participate in our Software configuration management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is there a Software configuration management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
IEEE 802.11p Critical Criteria:
Look at IEEE 802.11p governance and look in other fields.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Software configuration management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How important is Software configuration management to the user organizations mission?
IEEE 802.16 Critical Criteria:
Infer IEEE 802.16 leadership and prioritize challenges of IEEE 802.16.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Software configuration management?
IEEE P1906.1 Critical Criteria:
Revitalize IEEE P1906.1 adoptions and secure IEEE P1906.1 creativity.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Software configuration management strengthening and reform actually originate?
Continuous configuration automation Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Continuous configuration automation results and find out.
– What are our needs in relation to Software configuration management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Programming paradigm Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Programming paradigm leadership and find the essential reading for Programming paradigm researchers.
– To what extent does management recognize Software configuration management as a tool to increase the results?
– Is Software configuration management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
IEEE P1363 Critical Criteria:
Chat re IEEE P1363 adoptions and probe IEEE P1363 strategic alliances.
– Do those selected for the Software configuration management team have a good general understanding of what Software configuration management is all about?
– How can we improve Software configuration management?
Requirements management Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Requirements management visions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Requirements management projects.
– What are the business goals Software configuration management is aiming to achieve?
– Is Supporting Software configuration management documentation required?
– What kind of support for requirements management will be needed?
Single UNIX Specification Critical Criteria:
Systematize Single UNIX Specification adoptions and document what potential Single UNIX Specification megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Software configuration management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Does our organization need more Software configuration management education?
– Do we have past Software configuration management Successes?
Software user documentation Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Software user documentation failures and describe which business rules are needed as Software user documentation interface.
IEEE 802.11b-1999 Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct IEEE 802.11b-1999 governance and gather practices for scaling IEEE 802.11b-1999.
– When a Software configuration management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
IEEE 1667 Critical Criteria:
Illustrate IEEE 1667 projects and intervene in IEEE 1667 processes and leadership.
– Among the Software configuration management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
System administrator Critical Criteria:
Graph System administrator planning and ask what if.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Software configuration management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– Who is the System Administrator?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Review Project management governance and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Project management services.
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Which existing processes, tools and templates for executing projects can be applied to the agile project management framework?
– What additional schedule (and cost) would be required if they continued at historical or any other lower burn rates?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– Will the metrics and measurement techniques to determine project success (or failure) need to change?
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– How could a new product or service be developed in this century without Agile Project Management?
– Why would anyone want to discard the benefits of collocated teams?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
– What is the meaning of success in this context?
– What project management certifications do you hold?
– What is the cost of change?
– How do we deal with change?
– What is agile anyways?
– When is done done?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Grade Service-oriented architecture tactics and check on ways to get started with Service-oriented architecture.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Software configuration management process?
– How much does Software configuration management help?
Spanning Tree Protocol Critical Criteria:
Adapt Spanning Tree Protocol governance and track iterative Spanning Tree Protocol results.
– What are the disruptive Software configuration management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Software configuration management?
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Sort Rapid application development visions and look at the big picture.
– Rapid application development (rad) techniques have been around for about two decades now and have been used with varying degrees of success. sometimes rad is required for certain projects. but rad can be bad for database design. why?
– Have we thought of cost, functionality,vendor support, vendor viability, quality of documentation, ease of learning, ease of use, ease of installation, response time, throughput, version?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project violates particular laws or regulations?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project can be completed on time?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project makes financial sense?
– Who is responsible for modifying or developing programs to satisfy user requirements?
– What is a formalized approach for developing a project schedule?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a rad proces?
– Which sdlc results in the highest degree of user participation?
– What opportunities might a new or enhanced system provide?
– What are the primary advantages of the traditional sdlc?
– Who are the potential users of the new application?
– Is the functionality visible through the uis?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– How time-constrained is the project?
– What are the associated risks?
– What is architected rad?
– When to use dsdm?
– When use RAD?
IEEE 802.11ah Critical Criteria:
Add value to IEEE 802.11ah outcomes and achieve a single IEEE 802.11ah view and bringing data together.
– What are specific Software configuration management Rules to follow?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Face Agile software development strategies and develop and take control of the Agile software development initiative.
– Much of the agile advice is oriented towards small teams of up to ten people, who are either co-located or near located, who have ready access to their primary stakeholders, and who are working on software that can be easily organized into a series of small releases. What about large teams?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– What are our metrics to use to measure the performance of a team using agile software development methodology?
– Are meetings viewed as ways for managers to micromanage their teams: what have you done in the last 24 hours?
– Can agile methods be used effectively for evolving a system in response to customer change requests?
– Is our organization clear about the relationship between agile software development and DevOps?
– Are there cultural or organizational issues that may affect the system development?
– Do we ask in the sprint retrospective: What went well during the sprint?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– Has Your Organization Adopted One or More Agile Techniques?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– What changes need to be made to agile development today?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– What are you planning to complete today?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– What type of Experience is valuable?
– What is Scale and Why Manage It?
– What makes agile better?
Software verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Software verification and validation results and look in other fields.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Software configuration management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Incremental build model Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Incremental build model planning and oversee implementation of Incremental build model.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Software configuration management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Software configuration management process available?
– In what ways are Software configuration management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Peri Tarr goals and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Peri Tarr.
– Think about the functions involved in your Software configuration management project. what processes flow from these functions?
Niklaus Wirth Critical Criteria:
Devise Niklaus Wirth tactics and track iterative Niklaus Wirth results.
– How can you negotiate Software configuration management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
IEEE 754 revision Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on IEEE 754 revision projects and summarize a clear IEEE 754 revision focus.
– Does Software configuration management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Application lifecycle management Critical Criteria:
Merge Application lifecycle management failures and observe effective Application lifecycle management.
– What is the source of the strategies for Software configuration management strengthening and reform?
Change control Critical Criteria:
Confer over Change control planning and figure out ways to motivate other Change control users.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Software configuration management effort?
– Are assumptions made in Software configuration management stated explicitly?
– Why is change control necessary?
Object model Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Object model projects and reduce Object model costs.
– Does Software configuration management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Software configuration management leaders?
Multiple Registration Protocol Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Multiple Registration Protocol tasks and create a map for yourself.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Software configuration management ?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Software quality failures and proactively manage Software quality risks.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Software configuration management processes?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Software configuration management activities?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Unify Functional specification issues and look in other fields.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Software configuration management agendas for the next 3 years?
– Are there recognized Software configuration management problems?
Software requirements specification Critical Criteria:
Audit Software requirements specification goals and gather practices for scaling Software requirements specification.
– Does Software configuration management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Software development process failures and ask what if.
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– Is Software configuration management Required?
Resilient Packet Ring Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Resilient Packet Ring decisions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Resilient Packet Ring decisions.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Software configuration management process?
– What is Effective Software configuration management?
IEEE 802.11k-2008 Critical Criteria:
Group IEEE 802.11k-2008 goals and get the big picture.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Software configuration management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Who needs to know about Software configuration management ?
IEEE 802.11ay Critical Criteria:
Own IEEE 802.11ay management and get answers.
– Is Software configuration management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
IEEE 802.9 Critical Criteria:
Accommodate IEEE 802.9 strategies and acquire concise IEEE 802.9 education.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Software configuration management project manager?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Software configuration management?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Derive from Configuration management risks and plan concise Configuration management education.
– Is an asset management process(es) in place to inventory and manage this new asset (investment) from a property management perspective, to provide Configuration Management support, and to monitor system performance?
– Are physical configuration assessments conducted to determine the degree of agreement between the current physical configuration and the configuration depicted in the facility documentation?
– How do the developers know which codeline to check their code into, and when to when to check it in, and what tests to run before check in?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– In which two Service Management processes would you be most likely to use a risk analysis and management method?
– Has Configuration Management a say in how information is stored and accessed in other enterprise databases?
– During release, do the configuration items used match with the latest version indicated in baseline record?
– Can we answer questions like: Is the right version of the compiler and other software tools specified?
– Can we answer questions like: Do the attributes of the configuration object reflect the change?
– Which process is responsible for the correct configuring and transmission of the programs?
– Do we do formal technical reviews to assess technical correctness?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– Was the technical review adequately performed?
– How do I find the information that I need?
– Who assumes responsibility for accuracy?
– Are user sign-off documents available?
– What kind of reports will be prepared?
– How are baselines verified?
– What is the release cycle?
– Implemented as proposed?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Requirements engineering risks and look at it backwards.
Structured analysis Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Structured analysis projects and get going.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Software Configuration Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Software configuration management External links:
Software configuration management
http://In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines. If something goes wrong, SCM can determine what was changed and who changed it.
[PDF]Software Configuration Management – University of …
Set up the software configuration management …
Risk management External links:
[PDF]Title Insurance: A Risk Management Tool
Driver Risk Management Solutions | AlertDriving
“Billions” Risk Management (TV Episode 2017) – IMDb
Spiral model External links:
SDLC Spiral Model – tutorialspoint.com
IEEE 1471 External links:
http://IEEE 1471 is a superseded IEEE Standard for describing the architecture of a “software-intensive system”, also known as software architecture. In 2011 it was superseded by ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010:2011, Systems and software engineering — Architecture description.
Formal methods External links:
Benchmarks on Formal Methods for Robotics
NASA Formal Methods Symposium • Home
Formal Methods and Models | Volgenau School of …
High-level architecture External links:
The high-level architecture (HLA) is a general purpose architecture for distributed computer simulationsystems. Using HLA, computer simulations can interact (that is, to communicate data, and to synchronize actions) with other computer simulations regardless of the computing platforms.
High-level architecture for Microsoft Intune | Microsoft Docs
Computer engineering External links:
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Rational Software External links:
Rational Software Architect (RSA)
Build management External links:
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer Profiles | Facebook
Bertrand Meyer – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
International Business Machines External links:
International Business Machines Corporation Common …
International Business Machines Corp.: NYSE:IBM …
International Business Machines Corp. – Barron’s
IEEE 802.11y-2008 External links:
IEEE 802.11y-2008 – WOW.com
IEEE 802.11y-2008 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
“IEEE 802.11y-2008” on Revolvy.com
IEEE P802.1p External links:
IEEE P802.1p – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Concept of operations External links:
ESF #8 Concept of Operations
Software prototyping External links:
Software Prototyping | Rapid Prototyping | AgileThought
Software Prototyping & Requirements Management …
GUI Design and Software Prototyping Tools – Caretta Software
IEEE floating point External links:
IEEE Floating Point Standard – CS Home
IEEE 1584 External links:
The Best Is Yet To Come! IEEE 1584 Update | EC Mag
IEEE 1584 terminology | Electric Arc
[PDF]IEEE 1584 Arc-Flash Hazard Calculations Standards …
Provider Backbone Bridge Traffic Engineering External links:
Protection for provider backbone bridge traffic engineering
– Provider Backbone Bridge Traffic Engineering – IEEE 802
IEEE 1451 External links:
IEEE 1451.4 Sensor Templates Overview – National Instruments
IEEE Standards Association External links:
IEEE Standards Association – Sign In
IEEE Standards Association – Home | Facebook
IEEE Standards Association – Documents
IEEE 802.11g-2003 External links:
IEEE 802.11g-2003 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
http://IEEE 802.11g-2003 or 802.11g is an amendment to the IEEE 802.11 specification that extended throughput to up to 54 Mbit/s using the same 2.4 GHz band as 802.11b. This specification under the marketing name of Wi-Fi has been implemented all over the world. The 802.11g protocol is now Clause 19 of the published IEEE 802.11-2007 standard, and Clause 19 of the published IEEE 802.11-2012 standard.
IEEE 1284 External links:
Parallel IEEE 1284 Cables and Connectors | eBay
http://www.ebay.com › … › Parallel, Serial & PS/2 Cables & Adapters
Parallel IEEE 1284 Female Cables | eBay
http://www.ebay.com › … › Parallel, Serial & PS/2 Cables & Adapters
Dynex – 6′ IEEE 1284 Parallel Printer Cable
IEEE 754-1985 External links:
IEEE 754-1985, Binary 64, Floating Point Number Examiner
ANSI/IEEE 754-1985 – pdfstool.org
Nov 16, 2014 · IEEE 754-1985 was an industry standard for representing floating-point numbers in computers, officially …
http://ANSI/IEEE 754-1985 – pdfstool.org
IEEE 802.11a-1999 External links:
IEEE 802.11a-1999 – WOW.com
“IEEE 802.11a-1999” on Revolvy.com
IEEE 802.11a-1999 – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
IEEE P1906.1 External links:
Programming paradigm External links:
A Secure Programming Paradigm for Network Virtualization
Learning Programming Paradigm in Sarawak – Home | Facebook
Requirements management External links:
Requirements Management. (eBook, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
Requirements Management Policy – RPM-2 RPM-2
Requirements Management Software – capterra.com
Single UNIX Specification External links:
The UNIX System — The Single UNIX Specification
IEEE 802.11b-1999 External links:
IEEE 802.11b-1999 – WOW.com
http://IEEE 802.11b-1999 or 802.11b, is an amendment to the IEEE 802.11 wireless networking specification that extends throughput up to 11 Mbit/s using the same 2.4GHz band. A related amendment was incorporated into the IEEE 802.11-2007 standard.
IEEE 802.11b-1999 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
IEEE 1667 External links:
IEEE 1667: One standard worth watching – CNET
System administrator External links:
System Administrator Jobs – Monster.com
Title System Administrator Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Project management External links:
Project Management Academy – Official Site
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Certifications | Project Management Institute
Spanning Tree Protocol External links:
Spanning Tree Protocol Flashcards | Quizlet
Spanning Tree Protocol – Cisco
Rapid application development External links:
Rapid Application Development (RAD) Studio
Best Rapid Application Development (RAD) Software in …
RAD (rapid application development) – Gartner IT Glossary
IEEE 802.11ah External links:
IEEE 802.11ah news • NFC World
Low Power WAN Protocols for IoT: IEEE 802.11ah, LoRaWAN
Agile software development External links:
RoleModel Software – Custom Agile Software Development
Agile Software Development with Team Foundation …
Agile Scout – Agile Software Development News
Incremental build model External links:
Incremental build model – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
Incremental build model by John Brock on Prezi
Incremental build model – WOW.com
Niklaus Wirth External links:
[PDF]Niklaus wirth pdf – WordPress.com
IEEE 754 revision External links:
IEEE 754 revision – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/IEEE 754 revision
IEEE 754 revision explained – everything.explained.today
Application lifecycle management External links:
HP Application Lifecycle Management 12.53 – AF
[PDF]What is Application Lifecycle Management?
[PDF]Application Lifecycle Management – Deloitte
Change control External links:
[PDF]Change Control Procedure – University of North …
F-5-01: Servicing Guide Change Control Log (10/11/2017)
[DOC]Change Control Procedure – European Commission …
Object model External links:
OfficeTalk: Using the Excel Object Model to Send …
Distributed Component Object Model – technet.microsoft.com
Workday Business Object Model (Subscription) | …
Multiple Registration Protocol External links:
[PDF]Multiple Registration Protocol Multiple MAC …
IEEE 802.1: 802.1ak – Multiple Registration Protocol
Software quality External links:
[PDF]Title: Software Quality Assurance Engineer Reports …
[PPT]Software Quality Assurance (SQA)
Pacific NW Software Quality Conference – PNSQC
Functional specification External links:
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
What is functional specification? – Definition from WhatIs.com
What Goes Into a Functional Specification? – Bridging the …
Software requirements specification External links:
[DOC]Software Requirements Specification Template
[PDF]Software Requirements Specification (SRS) …
SRS | Software Requirements Specification | Demo – …
Software development process External links:
Software Development Process Flashcards | Quizlet
During which phase of the software development process …
IEEE 802.11k-2008 External links:
IEEE 802.11k-2008 – WOW.com
IEEE 802.11k-2008 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
IEEE 802.11ay External links:
IEEE 802.11ay – WOW.com
[PDF]IEEE 802.11ay: Next-generation 60 GHz …
Configuration management External links:
Syslog Server – Network Configuration Management | Kiwi
Configuration Management – CMDB Step by Step Guide
http://Ad · www.bmc.com/Configuration/Management
CMPIC – Configuration Management Training and …
Requirements engineering External links:
Requirements Engineering – Springer
Requirements Engineering (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Requirements Engineering Process – Computer …
Structured analysis External links:
What is Structured Analysis? – Definition from Techopedia