What is involved in Service Transition
Find out what the related areas are that Service Transition connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Service Transition thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Service Transition journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Service Transition leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Service Transition related domains to cover and 360 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Information security, Tudor IT Process Assessment, ITIL/service design package, IT Service Management Forum, Configuration item, Definitive Media Library, Service level, Business Information Services Library, RPR problem diagnosis, IT service management, Microsoft Operations Framework, Information Management, Enterprise life cycle, Incident Management, Business relationship management, Capacity management, Request Fulfillment, Cabinet Office, Application Services Library, Business case, Six Sigma, Software asset management, Identity management, Agile software development, Application Management, Risk analysis, ICT infrastructure, IT service continuity, Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency, RACI matrix, Configuration management system, Joint venture, Secondary support level, IBM Tivoli Unified Process, Service-level agreement, Corporate governance of information technology, Software metric, Fishbone diagram, Enterprise architecture, Business Service Management, 5 Whys, Service Level Agreement, ISO/IEC 20000, Event Management, The Stationery Office, Call center, Ishikawa diagram, ISO/IEC 27001, Application Performance Management, Computer network, Best practice, TM Forum, Corrective and preventive action, Configuration management database, Granular configuration automation, Business Process Framework, Business continuity planning, Computer security, Functional Management, Information and Communication Technology, Business impact analysis, Information Technology Infrastructure Library, Performance engineering, HM Treasury, Deming Cycle, Service portfolio management, Program management, IT Operations Management, Tertiary support level:
Information security Critical Criteria:
Survey Information security decisions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Is there an information security policy to provide mgmt direction and support for information security in accordance with business requirements, relevant laws and regulations?
– Does the ISMS policy provide a framework for setting objectives and establishes an overall sense of direction and principles for action with regard to information security?
– Based on our information security Risk Management strategy, do we have official written information security and privacy policies, standards, or procedures?
– Is a risk treatment plan formulated to identify the appropriate mgmt action, resources, responsibilities and priorities for managing information security risks?
– Are Human Resources subject to screening, and do they have terms and conditions of employment defining their information security responsibilities?
– Is the risk assessment approach defined and suited to the ISMS, identified business information security, legal and regulatory requirements?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– What information security and privacy standards or regulations apply to the cloud customers domain?
– What is true about the trusted computing base in information security?
– what is the difference between cyber security and information security?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– Conform to the identified information security requirements?
– What is the goal of information security?
– What is information security?
Tudor IT Process Assessment Critical Criteria:
Trace Tudor IT Process Assessment tasks and catalog Tudor IT Process Assessment activities.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Service Transition is underway?
– Will Service Transition deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What is our formula for success in Service Transition ?
ITIL/service design package Critical Criteria:
Recall ITIL/service design package goals and finalize the present value of growth of ITIL/service design package.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Service Transition project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Service Transition move?
– What are our Service Transition Processes?
IT Service Management Forum Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about IT Service Management Forum decisions and find the ideas you already have.
– In the case of a Service Transition project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Service Transition project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Service Transition project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Service Transition information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Do Service Transition rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Configuration item Critical Criteria:
Devise Configuration item leadership and look at it backwards.
– A Configuration Management database (cmdb) can contain different configuration items (cis). Which items would not normally be regarded as a ci?
– During release, do the configuration items used match with the latest version indicated in baseline record?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Service Transition process?
– Is maximizing Service Transition protection the same as minimizing Service Transition loss?
– Are all requested changes to the configuration items assessed, processed and tracked?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Service Transition ?
– What: selection of configuration items (what should be managed?
– Are the relationships between configuration items established?
– Which of the entities should be configuration items?
– What are configuration items, baselines, etc. ?
– How will configuration items be controlled?
– How will configuration items be identified?
Definitive Media Library Critical Criteria:
Grade Definitive Media Library planning and oversee Definitive Media Library requirements.
– What are the barriers to increased Service Transition production?
– How would one define Service Transition leadership?
Service level Critical Criteria:
Participate in Service level outcomes and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Service level.
– Are the vendor contracts deliverables-based, with specific Service Level Agreements (slas) including penalties and liquidated damages?
– What is the impact of changing my suppliers and/or their SLAs on my capabilities to meet my SLAs?
– What are standard financial penalties for violating downtime in a Service Level Agreement?
– Are short calls factored out of the denominator in your service level?
– What simple ways can we improve our valued customers experience?
– Are abandons included in your service level denominator?
– Have we included Green IT goals in the defined service levels?
– What Support/applications are included in this SLA?
– How will incidents be documented or logged?
– What is the retention period of the data?
– What about Service Transition Analysis of results?
– How many copies are required?
– What services are provided?
– What services are included?
– What is Out of Scope?
Business Information Services Library Critical Criteria:
Guide Business Information Services Library failures and correct Business Information Services Library management by competencies.
– Is Service Transition dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Service Transition been identified and analyzed?
– Why should we adopt a Service Transition framework?
RPR problem diagnosis Critical Criteria:
Incorporate RPR problem diagnosis strategies and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of RPR problem diagnosis.
– What are current Service Transition Paradigms?
IT service management Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over IT service management tasks and separate what are the business goals IT service management is aiming to achieve.
– So you have designed a great process, have invested in a slick itsm tool and paid your consultants for the best advice you could purchase. What makes you think anyone is actually going to follow the new processes after you close up the project and take down the posters?
– How quickly can a cloud service provider scale services and capability and is this quick enough for the requirements of the customer/consumer?
– Are we getting a handle on project initiation-related risks which is all about are we doing the right things?
– If the service provider is eligible for certification, then what is the scope of the processes being audited?
– How would you describe the impact of cloud vis-a-vis your itsm initiative/capabilities in your organization?
– In your organization, which group oversees/coordinates your IT service management capabilities?
– How is release management for new application services integrated with your itsm capabilities?
– What are the use cases that your organization is targeting currently for its cmdb/cms?
– Is Service Delivery (hardware/software/people) capable of supporting requirements?
– Have both the Customer and the Service Owner agreed to the terms of the SLA?
– Can the cloud service provider make available an endto-end continuity plan?
– Why are business sponsors for IT projects so important?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Will the customers and consumers be notified?
– What does a disaster recovery plan look like?
– Does anyone know the value of enterprise it?
– What is A good cloud service provider?
– Is ITIL becoming irrelevant?
– Performance supported?
– Are we over licensed?
Microsoft Operations Framework Critical Criteria:
Grade Microsoft Operations Framework planning and find the essential reading for Microsoft Operations Framework researchers.
– Does Service Transition create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Service Transition moving forward?
– Why is Service Transition important for you now?
Information Management Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Information Management tasks and remodel and develop an effective Information Management strategy.
– Do those selected for the Service Transition team have a good general understanding of what Service Transition is all about?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Service Transition leaders?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
– Are there Service Transition Models?
Enterprise life cycle Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Enterprise life cycle projects and find out what it really means.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Service Transition project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Service Transition project lifecycle?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Service Transition values?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Service Transition that make it risky?
Incident Management Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Incident Management risks and sort Incident Management activities.
– Which processes other than incident management are involved in achieving a structural solution ?
– What are our needs in relation to Service Transition skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– In which cases can CMDB be usefull in incident management?
– What is a primary goal of incident management?
Business relationship management Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Business relationship management adoptions and explain and analyze the challenges of Business relationship management.
– How do we establish a strategic alliance in terms of confidentiality agreements, termination agreements, and negotiation strategies?
– Do you have a jointly developed partnership agreement in addition to any contractual agreements you may have?
– Are there many relatively undifferentiated suppliers providing what amounts to inter-changeable commodities?
– What BA competencies do you currently possess that could be useful to the BRM role?
– Is there a danger that the supplier may act in an opportunistic manner over time?
– Do/did you lead with a tool and build a practice around the tool or vice-versa?
– How does B2B eCommerce affect our selection of the right type of relationship?
– Are you achieving the sales revenue per channel partner that you expect?
– Which systems are likely to remain viable over the long term?
– What is our Partner Relationship Management (PRM) program?
– What are you doing that makes you successful in that area?
– Are there other statutes that encourage collaboration?
– How are Business Value and BRM effectiveness Measured?
– How well did we reinforce our vision with each other?
– Where does Tuckman s team development model apply?
– Making it happen – how, how much, when and who?
– Do Norms Matter in Marketing Relationships?
– How well did we address the hard issues?
– Do we have sales force automation?
– What is the need?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Participate in Capacity management strategies and handle a jump-start course to Capacity management.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Service Transition processes?
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Service Transition objectives?
– What threat is Service Transition addressing?
Request Fulfillment Critical Criteria:
Face Request Fulfillment strategies and look for lots of ideas.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Service Transition experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do we all define Service Transition in the same way?
– How do we Lead with Service Transition in Mind?
Cabinet Office Critical Criteria:
Consider Cabinet Office goals and correct better engagement with Cabinet Office results.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Service Transition opportunities costing us money?
– Who will provide the final approval of Service Transition deliverables?
Application Services Library Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Application Services Library results and look for lots of ideas.
– How do we maintain Service Transitions Integrity?
Business case Critical Criteria:
Meet over Business case management and customize techniques for implementing Business case controls.
– Who is driving and leading the business case development for your organization?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– Have sensitivity of the business case been calculated?
– Right business case?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Six Sigma risks and point out Six Sigma tensions in leadership.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Think about the functions involved in your Service Transition project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How can you negotiate Service Transition successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How is Lean Six Sigma different from TOGAF Architecture?
– How do we go about Securing Service Transition?
Software asset management Critical Criteria:
Think about Software asset management leadership and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Do we have past Service Transition Successes?
Identity management Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Identity management strategies and oversee Identity management requirements.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do we keep track of who the leading providers of identity management products and services are, and what are their key offerings, differentiators and strategies?
– Will Service Transition have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How is the market for identity management evolving in new technologies, market trends and drivers, and user requirements?
– Did we develop our saas identity management solution in house or was it acquired from other vendors?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– Is the Service Transition organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Is Service Transition Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are the identity management facilities of the provider?
– What is a secure identity management infrastructure?
– What is identity management to us (idm)?
– How can identity management help?
– What about identity management?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Jump start Agile software development outcomes and overcome Agile software development skills and management ineffectiveness.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Management buy-in is a concern. Many program managers are worried that upper-level management would ask for progress reports and productivity metrics that would be hard to gather in an Agile work environment. Management ignorance of Agile methodologies is also a worry. Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– Many teams will find that informal modeling sessions around whiteboards will be sufficient, although sometimes more formal modeling sessions, such as Joint Application Design (JAD) strategies or stakeholder interviews will work best. How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– Much of the agile advice is oriented towards small teams of up to ten people, who are either co-located or near located, who have ready access to their primary stakeholders, and who are working on software that can be easily organized into a series of small releases. What about large teams?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– Can working in an agile mode assist a corporate venture in achieving good results early, in starting business, and in bringing income for the parent company?
– How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– What kind of enabling and limiting factors can be found for the use of agile methods?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– what is the difference between Agile Development and Lean UX?
– what is the minimum we can do to produce a quality product?
– What changes need to be made to agile development today?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– How do engineers feel about it?
– What Is Exploratory Testing?
– What about large teams?
– What is ASD to us?
Application Management Critical Criteria:
Track Application Management adoptions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Does Service Transition include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How is the value delivered by Service Transition being measured?
Risk analysis Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Risk analysis strategies and describe which business rules are needed as Risk analysis interface.
– How do risk analysis and Risk Management inform your organizations decisionmaking processes for long-range system planning, major project description and cost estimation, priority programming, and project development?
– What levels of assurance are needed and how can the risk analysis benefit setting standards and policy functions?
– In which two Service Management processes would you be most likely to use a risk analysis and management method?
– How does the business impact analysis use data from Risk Management and risk analysis?
– How important is Service Transition to the user organizations mission?
– How do we do risk analysis of rare, cascading, catastrophic events?
– With risk analysis do we answer the question how big is the risk?
– Is Supporting Service Transition documentation required?
ICT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Test ICT infrastructure risks and interpret which customers can’t participate in ICT infrastructure because they lack skills.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Service Transition workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do we Improve Service Transition service perception, and satisfaction?
– How can the value of Service Transition be defined?
IT service continuity Critical Criteria:
Audit IT service continuity tasks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive IT service continuity projects.
– What are the business goals Service Transition is aiming to achieve?
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency Critical Criteria:
Think about Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency tactics and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Service Transition agendas for the next 3 years?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Service Transition project manager?
– Can we do Service Transition without complex (expensive) analysis?
RACI matrix Critical Criteria:
Communicate about RACI matrix adoptions and arbitrate RACI matrix techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are the disruptive Service Transition technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Configuration management system Critical Criteria:
Devise Configuration management system engagements and know what your objective is.
– What exactly are the required characteristics of a Configuration Management system for managing dynamic change?
– Have you identified your Service Transition key performance indicators?
Joint venture Critical Criteria:
Check Joint venture adoptions and handle a jump-start course to Joint venture.
Secondary support level Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Secondary support level projects and shift your focus.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Service Transition Management?
– Who needs to know about Service Transition ?
IBM Tivoli Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Read up on IBM Tivoli Unified Process tasks and mentor IBM Tivoli Unified Process customer orientation.
Service-level agreement Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Service-level agreement issues and report on developing an effective Service-level agreement strategy.
– In terms of service availability, can you get your vendor to sign a service-level agreement?
– How will you know that the Service Transition project has been successful?
– What is our Service Transition Strategy?
Corporate governance of information technology Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Corporate governance of information technology visions and document what potential Corporate governance of information technology megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Service Transition effort?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Service Transition activities?
– Is there any existing Service Transition governance structure?
Software metric Critical Criteria:
Canvass Software metric results and prioritize challenges of Software metric.
– What are the best software metrics for discerning Agile (vs. non-Agile) process effects on teams artifacts?
– How do we keep improving Service Transition?
Fishbone diagram Critical Criteria:
Discuss Fishbone diagram strategies and find out what it really means.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Service Transition strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What is Effective Service Transition?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Read up on Enterprise architecture adoptions and plan concise Enterprise architecture education.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– How do we manage Service Transition Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Business Service Management Critical Criteria:
Review Business Service Management strategies and look for lots of ideas.
– In a project to restructure Service Transition outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we Identify specific Service Transition investment and emerging trends?
5 Whys Critical Criteria:
Wrangle 5 Whys outcomes and achieve a single 5 Whys view and bringing data together.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Service Transition process?
– How can you measure Service Transition in a systematic way?
Service Level Agreement Critical Criteria:
Talk about Service Level Agreement tactics and maintain Service Level Agreement for success.
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– For your Service Transition project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the hours of operation (regular business hours and after hours support)?
– What is the process that will be followed to resolve unplanned incidents?
– What are the current Service Level Agreements for break/fix?
– What are the costs to the business customer for the service?
– How will unplanned incidents be prevented or reduced?
– What are the costs to provide this level of service?
– Is a Service Level Agreement (sla) available?
– How will the service be delivered?
– When will the SLA be reviewed?
– How will service be delivered?
– Who prepares the SLA?
ISO/IEC 20000 Critical Criteria:
Transcribe ISO/IEC 20000 visions and know what your objective is.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Service Transition?
– Will we be eligible for ISO/IEC 20000 certification?
– Is a Service Transition Team Work effort in place?
– How can we improve Service Transition?
Event Management Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Event Management engagements and adopt an insight outlook.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Service Transition study?
The Stationery Office Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot The Stationery Office outcomes and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling The Stationery Office projects.
– Are we Assessing Service Transition and Risk?
Call center Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Call center risks and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Call center projects.
– What proportion of Customer Service calls chats could present day AI technology resolve without assistance in principle?
– What is the average supervisor to Customer Service representative ratio for a fixed route call center?
– What is the best virtual hosted PBX platform to use for our phone Customer Service team?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Service Transition forward?
– What are good examples of us utilizing SMS as a Customer Service mechanism?
– Have you integrated your call center telephony to your crm application?
– What are the issues of scaling Twitter for Customer Service?
– What are the pros and cons of outsourcing Customer Service?
– How do companies apply social media to Customer Service?
– Is social media the solution to bad Customer Service?
– Is Twitter an effective Customer Service tool?
– Are there Service Transition problems defined?
Ishikawa diagram Critical Criteria:
Discourse Ishikawa diagram leadership and observe effective Ishikawa diagram.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Service Transition in a volatile global economy?
– Why is Customer Service substandard?
ISO/IEC 27001 Critical Criteria:
Define ISO/IEC 27001 quality and balance specific methods for improving ISO/IEC 27001 results.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Service Transition processes of our organization?
– Have all basic functions of Service Transition been defined?
Application Performance Management Critical Criteria:
Face Application Performance Management goals and probe the present value of growth of Application Performance Management.
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Computer network risks and figure out ways to motivate other Computer network users.
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
Best practice Critical Criteria:
Sort Best practice visions and devise Best practice key steps.
– Achieving service management excellence is an on-going process. Just as an organization can never have enough sales, so they can never stop paying attention to service assurance. With service management and assurance having such a critical role for CSPs, how can they both achieve optimal service assurance delivery and implement supporting processes to ensure that best practice continues to be observed?
– Is the software and application development process based on an industry best practice and is information security included throughout the software development life cycle (sdlc) process?
– What standards, guidelines, best practices, and tools are organizations using to understand, measure, and manage risk at the management, operational, and technical levels?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Are we proactively using the most effective means, the best practices and maximizing our opportunities?
– Does your organization have a company-wide policy regarding best practices for cyber?
– What are some best practices for gathering business intelligence about a competitor?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What are some best practices for implementing an air gap in a our setting?
– Which is really software best practice to us, CMM or agile development?
– What are the best practices for implementing an internal site search?
– How does big data impact Data Quality and governance best practices?
– What are best practices for building something like a News Feed?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– What is a best practice for selecting drives for a thin pool?
– Do we adhere to best practices interface design?
– Which rules constitute best practices?
TM Forum Critical Criteria:
Guide TM Forum projects and adopt an insight outlook.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Service Transition process?
Corrective and preventive action Critical Criteria:
Map Corrective and preventive action governance and assess and formulate effective operational and Corrective and preventive action strategies.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Service Transition activities?
– Are appropriate corrective and preventive actions taken?
Configuration management database Critical Criteria:
Graph Configuration management database tasks and devise Configuration management database key steps.
– If a customer complains that service levels are below those agreed in the sla, apparently due to a number of related hardware incidents, who is responsible for ensuring the cause is investigated?
– Will the change significantly degrade safety or negatively impact adequate protection of workers, the environment, or the public?
– Which of the itil processes is responsible for ensuring the organization is aware of new and changing technology?
– Which cloud Service Management process maintains information in the Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– What is the main difference between a cmdb (Configuration Management database) and a typical asset register?
– Are work control packages complete, ready for implementation, and attached?
– What elements are to be tracked and reported for baselines and changes?
– What are direct advantages of entering into Service Level Agreements?
– In availability management terms, what do the letters cia stand for?
– If the change does involve a usq, has it been approved by doe?
– Are assumptions made in Service Transition stated explicitly?
– Why implement a Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– What is a Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– Where do we stand currently against the standards?
– How do I find the information that I need?
– Are all other required reviews complete?
– What goes under version control?
Granular configuration automation Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Granular configuration automation management and get out your magnifying glass.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Service Transition. How do we gain traction?
– Does Service Transition analysis show the relationships among important Service Transition factors?
Business Process Framework Critical Criteria:
Explore Business Process Framework issues and integrate design thinking in Business Process Framework innovation.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Service Transition process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Service Transition process available?
– Can we add value to the current Service Transition decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Which customers cant participate in our Service Transition domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Business continuity planning Critical Criteria:
Categorize Business continuity planning leadership and drive action.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Service Transition, including any consulting or professional services?
– What is the role of digital document management in business continuity planning management?
– Think of your Service Transition project. what are the main functions?
– What is business continuity planning and why is it important?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Examine Computer security leadership and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Computer security projects.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– How do we go about Comparing Service Transition approaches/solutions?
Functional Management Critical Criteria:
Administer Functional Management tactics and proactively manage Functional Management risks.
– What will drive Service Transition change?
Information and Communication Technology Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Information and Communication Technology risks and innovate what needs to be done with Information and Communication Technology.
– Do the Service Transition decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Business impact analysis Critical Criteria:
Check Business impact analysis issues and stake your claim.
– How frequently, if at all, do we conduct a business impact analysis (bia) and risk assessment (ra)?
– When a Service Transition manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Does the Service Transition task fit the clients priorities?
Information Technology Infrastructure Library Critical Criteria:
Infer Information Technology Infrastructure Library quality and secure Information Technology Infrastructure Library creativity.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Service Transition project?
Performance engineering Critical Criteria:
Deduce Performance engineering planning and oversee implementation of Performance engineering.
– What are the key elements of your Service Transition performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Does Service Transition appropriately measure and monitor risk?
HM Treasury Critical Criteria:
Prioritize HM Treasury strategies and adopt an insight outlook.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Service Transition project?
– Does our organization need more Service Transition education?
Deming Cycle Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Deming Cycle failures and drive action.
Service portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Apply Service portfolio management tasks and achieve a single Service portfolio management view and bringing data together.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Service Transition into the services that we provide?
– Which Service Transition goals are the most important?
Program management Critical Criteria:
Graph Program management governance and drive action.
– Have people who have had contact with the program sought further information or expressed interest in it or its activities?
– What level or types of outcomes correspond to the programs objectives and are most useful as the focus of the evaluation?
– Have any changes occurred which could weaken management support obtained for the program during the planning phase?
– What is the likelihood of increasing the programs success by implementing it on either a larger or smaller scale?
– What are the content themes in programs and their management, in terms of keywords used in program articles?
– How do we manage and change culture so that we increase the chances of achieving our strategic objectives?
– What sample size will be needed to determine if the program has resulted in significant changes?
– Have any strategies helped create or increase a demand from the target group for change?
– Is there a logical relationship between the program goals, objectives and strategies?
– What precautions will be undertaken to minimise bias during the collection of data?
– What advice or comments could be made to people interested in a program like this?
– Are there problem(s) or delays with a particular aspect of the program?
– What tasks need to be completed before other tasks are started?
– Is the program running on, or close to, the time frame?
– Are we spending on the right security area priorities?
– How have similar programs been evaluated?
– What resources will the program require?
– How are the guidelines structured?
– What were the patterns of change?
– What are the most critical tasks?
IT Operations Management Critical Criteria:
Add value to IT Operations Management failures and find the essential reading for IT Operations Management researchers.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Service Transition strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Among the Service Transition product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What are the most important capabilities we consider when evaluating asset and Service Management providers?
– Do we have a high level of process automation connecting our asset and Service Management?
– Do you have a single view into it Service Management?
Tertiary support level Critical Criteria:
Investigate Tertiary support level quality and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Tertiary support level projects.
– In what ways are Service Transition vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Service Transition Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Information security External links:
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Title & Settlement Information Security
Information Security Degree – 24-Hour Virtual Classroom
http://Ad · www.capella.edu/IT-Program/Info-Security
Tudor IT Process Assessment External links:
Tudor IT Process Assessment – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Tudor IT Process Assessment
IT Service Management Forum External links:
IT Service Management Forum – Yell.com
itSMFnz – IT Service Management Forum Northern Branch
Definitive Media Library External links:
Definitive Media Library (DML) definitions – Defined Term
DML abbreviation stands for Definitive Media Library
Definitive Media Library (DML) | BMC Communities
Service level External links:
DTI Service Level Dashboard
Service Level Agreements | North Dakota ITD
Service Level Agreements – Home | Microsoft Azure
RPR problem diagnosis External links:
RPR problem diagnosis – Revolvy
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/RPR problem diagnosis
RPR problem diagnosis – WOW.com
IT service management External links:
#1 Authentication Suite For IT Service Management | AuthAnvil
ServiceAide: ITSM Tools – IT Service Management …
IT Service Management | Availability Management | Optanix
Microsoft Operations Framework External links:
Microsoft Operations Framework 4.0
What is Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)? – …
Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)
Information Management External links:
Health Information Management (HIM) Education and …
Information Management Group, Inc.
Incident Management External links:
National Incident Management System Alerts | FEMA.gov
[PDF]Temporary Fire Incident Management Records 7 Year
Business relationship management External links:
Business Relationship Management – BRM Institute
Capacity management External links:
Metron – Capacity Management, Planning & Optimization
Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
Request Fulfillment External links:
Service Request Fulfillment Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Cabinet Office External links:
Buy Cabinet Office Furniture from Bed Bath & Beyond
Application Services Library External links:
Application Services Library (ASL)
Business case External links:
[PDF]Business Case Presentation – Organizational …
How to write a business case – Reference from WhatIs.com
What is business case? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Six Sigma External links:
Six Sigma Certification and Training – Lean 6 Sigma
Lean Six Sigma | Greenville Technical College
Software asset management External links:
Software Asset Management – Microsoft SAM
Software Asset Management | ServiceNow
SAM Charter Software Asset Management
Identity management External links:
Identity Management SAAS – Identity Management
http://Ad · www.omada.net/Identity-Management
Sample Identity Management Job Descriptions | HIMSS
identity management jobs | Dice.com
Agile software development External links:
Mobile Apps, Digital Products, Agile Software Development
Agile Software Development | App Development | Softxpert
Agile Software Development with Team Foundation …
Application Management External links:
Application Management – apply.rollins.edu
Twitter Application Management
Risk analysis External links:
HIPAA [HIPPA]Compliance / Risk Analysis Home Page.
What is Risk Analysis? – Definition from Techopedia
Risk Analysis and Risk Management – Decision Making …
ICT infrastructure External links:
What is ICT Infrastructure | IGI Global
IT service continuity External links:
[PDF]IT Service Continuity Management – IT Service …
IT Service Continuity Lead Job – veteranjobs.com
10.8.60 IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM) …
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency External links:
Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency – …
RACI matrix External links:
[XLS]RACI Matrix: Requirements Phase – UC Santa Cruz
[XLS]RACI Matrix – Medicaid 1115 Waiver, Texas Region 10 RHP
[XLS]RACI Matrix – cdn.tidyform.com
Configuration management system External links:
RAVE Configuration Management System
Joint venture External links:
N.Y. Ins. Law § 6409(d): Title Insurance Joint Venture
Joint Venture Hospital Laboratories | JVHL
Joint Venture (1998) – IMDb
IBM Tivoli Unified Process External links:
ITUP – IBM Tivoli Unified Process | AcronymFinder
IBM Tivoli Unified Process
Software metric External links:
Fishbone diagram External links:
How to Create Fishbone diagram in PowerPoint : …
Fishbone Diagram (Cause and Effect Diagram) – QI …
Fishbone Diagram Maker – Ishikawa Online or Download …
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Professional Journal
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Center for Enterprise Architecture
Business Service Management External links:
Login – HP Business Service Management
HP Business Service Management Integration | …
5 Whys External links:
[PDF]“The 5 Whys” – Massachusetts Department of …
5 Whys – Problem-Solving Skills From MindTools.com
Service Level Agreement External links:
[DOC]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Template
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Educationand E & O
FMS Service Level Agreement Metric Reporting | …
ISO/IEC 20000 External links:
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011(en), Information technology ? …
ISO/IEC 20000 – Guia de bolsillo. (eBook, 2006) …
ISO/IEC 20000. (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Event Management External links:
Event Management and Planning Software | Swoogo
Gather – Private Event Management Software for …
Whova – Award-winning Event App and Event Management …
The Stationery Office External links:
Office locations | TSO (The Stationery Office)
Call center External links:
WorkforceScheduling.com – call center workforce …
LeadMailbox | Lead Management | Call Center | Sales CRM
Alliance Communications | Answering Service | Call Center
ISO/IEC 27001 External links:
ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security | BSI America
BSI Training – ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer
http://ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is an information security standard that was published on the 25th September 2013. It supersedes ISO/IEC 27001:2005, and is published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) under the joint ISO and IEC subcommittee, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27.
Application Performance Management External links:
Application Performance Management | SolarWinds
Application Performance Management – Compuware
Application Performance Management | Server …
Computer network External links:
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
Computer Networks – Journal – Elsevier
Best practice External links:
Best Practices – Independence Title
[PDF]ALTA BEST PRACTICE POLICIES Our Pledge – Title …
http://www.titlecorockies.com/PDF/Best Practices Pledge 2014m .pdf
[PDF]Best Practices 2013
TM Forum External links:
Home | TM Forum Live
ZOOM Project – TM Forum
Home | TM Forum Action Week
Corrective and preventive action External links:
Webinar: CAPA: Corrective and Preventive Action | RCA …
Corrective and preventive action
http://Corrective and preventive action (CAPA, also called corrective action / preventive action, or simply corrective action) are improvements to an organization’s processes taken to eliminate causes of non-conformities or other undesirable situations. CAPA is a concept within good manufacturing practice (GMP), and numerous ISO business standards.
Corrective and Preventive Action | ASQ
Configuration management database External links:
ITIL Configuration Management Database | CMDB …
Business continuity planning External links:
Computer security External links:
Naked Security – Computer Security News, Advice and …
Computer Security | Consumer Information
UC San Diego Health System Computer Security
Functional Management External links:
functional management, selection process, Management …
Functional management. (Continually updated resource, …
What is FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT – The Law Dictionary
Information and Communication Technology External links:
Information and Communication Technology and …
Business impact analysis External links:
Business Impact Analysis Worksheet | FEMA.gov
Business Impact Analysis | Ready.gov
Business Impact Analysis Playbook – OCEG
Information Technology Infrastructure Library External links:
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) | …
Performance engineering External links:
Revshift Performance Engineering
KPE Korkar Performance Engineering
Pacific Performance Engineering
HM Treasury External links:
HM Treasury – Medium
HM Treasury Group Careers – Jobs
Deming Cycle External links:
Deming Cycle – Everything2.com
Deming Cycle, PDCA | iSixSigma
[PDF]Deming Cycle – websukat.com
Service portfolio management External links:
Service Portfolio Management – Optimizing IT Business …
Program management External links:
Tuition Assistance Program Management | EdAssist
DoN Consolidated Card Program Management Division
tpmrisk.com – Total Program Management
IT Operations Management External links:
Robot | IT Operations Management Software | HelpSystems
IT Operations Management Solution: InsightOps | Rapid7
IT Operations Management 2020: Shift to Succeed – Gartner