What is involved in SAP MM
Find out what the related areas are that SAP MM connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a SAP MM thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SAP MM journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SAP MM leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which SAP MM related domains to cover and 85 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
SAP MM, SAP ERP, Corporate services, Enterprise resource planning, Environment, health and safety, Financial accounting, Human Capital Management, Management accounting, Materials management, Middle ware, Out of the box, Production planning, Quality management, Rate of return, Real estate, Return on investment, SAP NetWeaver, SAP R/2, SAP R/3, SAP S/4HANA, SAP SE, SAP Web Application Server, Secure Network Communications, Secure Socket Layer, Service-oriented architecture, Software categories, Software developer, Switching barriers, Travel management, User interface:
SAP MM Critical Criteria:
Investigate SAP MM goals and optimize SAP MM leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are the disruptive SAP MM technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Do we all define SAP MM in the same way?
SAP ERP Critical Criteria:
Survey SAP ERP issues and gather practices for scaling SAP ERP.
– Is maximizing SAP MM protection the same as minimizing SAP MM loss?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of SAP MM activities?
– R/3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP ?
– How much does SAP MM help?
Corporate services Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Corporate services projects and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Corporate services projects.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your SAP MM project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the SAP MM requirements in detail?
– What is Effective SAP MM?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Adapt Enterprise resource planning engagements and revise understanding of Enterprise resource planning architectures.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this SAP MM process?
– Do SAP MM rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How would one define SAP MM leadership?
Environment, health and safety Critical Criteria:
Investigate Environment, health and safety failures and oversee Environment, health and safety requirements.
– Have you identified your SAP MM key performance indicators?
– What is our formula for success in SAP MM ?
– Is a SAP MM Team Work effort in place?
Financial accounting Critical Criteria:
Unify Financial accounting strategies and devise Financial accounting key steps.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good SAP MM project manager?
– Who needs to know about SAP MM ?
Human Capital Management Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Human Capital Management goals and get going.
– Management systems with more than 500 indicators to monitor aspects of human capital management, even in medium-size, not very sophisticated companies. Too many indicators?
– Among the SAP MM product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting SAP MM with what users do day-to-day?
– How important is SAP MM to the user organizations mission?
Management accounting Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Management accounting failures and describe the risks of Management accounting sustainability.
– How do we Improve SAP MM service perception, and satisfaction?
– How to Secure SAP MM?
Materials management Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Materials management tasks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Materials management because they lack skills.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your SAP MM strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Does our organization need more SAP MM education?
Middle ware Critical Criteria:
Chat re Middle ware quality and find the essential reading for Middle ware researchers.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing SAP MM? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Can we do SAP MM without complex (expensive) analysis?
Out of the box Critical Criteria:
Frame Out of the box governance and differentiate in coordinating Out of the box.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if SAP MM does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Production planning Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Production planning visions and assess and formulate effective operational and Production planning strategies.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a SAP MM process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the SAP MM process available?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once SAP MM is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are the Key enablers to make this SAP MM move?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Quality management leadership and innovate what needs to be done with Quality management.
– Will SAP MM have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Are assumptions made in SAP MM stated explicitly?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Rate of return Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Rate of return leadership and find out.
– Why should managers set the required rate of return higher than the rate at which money can be borrowed when making a typical capital budgeting decision?
– When using the net present value method, how does one know whether the true rate of return is greater or less than the discount rate?
– When using the time adjusted rate of return method, how does one know when the true rate of return has been found?
– How can you negotiate SAP MM successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is the true rate of return greater than or less than the discount rate?
– How do we go about Comparing SAP MM approaches/solutions?
– What is Internal Rate of Return (IRR)?
Real estate Critical Criteria:
X-ray Real estate failures and separate what are the business goals Real estate is aiming to achieve.
– What will drive SAP MM change?
– How do we keep improving SAP MM?
Return on investment Critical Criteria:
Study Return on investment quality and optimize Return on investment leadership as a key to advancement.
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that SAP MM objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What is the total cost related to deploying SAP MM, including any consulting or professional services?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in SAP MM?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
SAP NetWeaver Critical Criteria:
Coach on SAP NetWeaver risks and grade techniques for implementing SAP NetWeaver controls.
– Why are SAP MM skills important?
SAP R/2 Critical Criteria:
Learn from SAP R/2 risks and prioritize challenges of SAP R/2.
– Is Supporting SAP MM documentation required?
SAP R/3 Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on SAP R/3 goals and overcome SAP R/3 skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Does SAP MM create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How can you measure SAP MM in a systematic way?
– What are our SAP MM Processes?
SAP S/4HANA Critical Criteria:
Deduce SAP S/4HANA decisions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough SAP S/4HANA results.
– For your SAP MM project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Are there SAP MM Models?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect SAP SE governance and sort SAP SE activities.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of SAP MM product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Is the SAP MM organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
SAP Web Application Server Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about SAP Web Application Server tactics and correct SAP Web Application Server management by competencies.
– How do we know that any SAP MM analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Think of your SAP MM project. what are the main functions?
– How is the value delivered by SAP MM being measured?
Secure Network Communications Critical Criteria:
Discourse Secure Network Communications results and find out what it really means.
– What are our needs in relation to SAP MM skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Secure Socket Layer Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Secure Socket Layer outcomes and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are the barriers to increased SAP MM production?
– Are there SAP MM problems defined?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Confer re Service-oriented architecture governance and balance specific methods for improving Service-oriented architecture results.
– To what extent does management recognize SAP MM as a tool to increase the results?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Infer Software categories management and sort Software categories activities.
– Why should we adopt a SAP MM framework?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Audit Software developer governance and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Software developer services.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
Switching barriers Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Switching barriers failures and ask what if.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a SAP MM project?
– Is the scope of SAP MM defined?
Travel management Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Travel management risks and differentiate in coordinating Travel management.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent SAP MM services/products?
– What is the purpose of SAP MM in relation to the mission?
User interface Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap User interface strategies and shift your focus.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new SAP MM in a volatile global economy?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
– Are accountability and ownership for SAP MM clearly defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SAP MM Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
SAP MM External links:
SAP MM – Overview – Tutorials Point
SAP MM – Master Data – Tutorials Point
[PDF]JD SR SAP MM consultant – Kirby Building Systems
Corporate services External links:
Key Corporate Services | Executive Recruitment Services
Schwab Corporate Services: Retirement Technologies | …
People – Title : Corporate Services
Enterprise resource planning External links:
Enterprise resource planning: Implementation …
Enterprise Resource Planning – ERP
Enterprise Resource Planning
Environment, health and safety External links:
Environment, Health and Safety | Bloomberg BNA
Safety Training – Environment, Health and Safety
Environment, Health and Safety | Environment, Health …
Financial accounting External links:
[PDF]Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. 2
Financial accounting is a specialized form of accounting that keeps track of transactions.
[PDF]Statement of Financial Accounting Standards No. …
Human Capital Management External links:
Human Capital Management and HCM Software Solutions
PMAM :: Human Capital Management Solution
Management accounting External links:
Management Accounting Careers | Accounting.com
Management accounting (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
Title Management Accounting – Scribd
Materials management External links:
Institute of Hazardous Materials Management
[PDF]Director of Materials Management JOB DESCRIPTION
Materials Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Middle ware External links:
Modernization-Consolidation_Middle ware gateway…
Out of the box External links:
“Alias” Out of the Box (TV Episode 2005) – IMDb
What is out of the box? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Break Out of the Box Challenge 2017 – CK Valenti Designs, Inc.
Production planning External links:
User Solutions – Production Planning Software
Scheduling, Analytics, & Production Planning Software
Quality management External links:
Quality Management – Quality Management – Dashboard
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Rate of return External links:
Introduction To Net Present Value And Internal Rate Of Return
Annual Rate of Return Calculator – Dinkytown.net
Internal Rate of Return (IRR) – Math is Fun
Real estate External links:
Title(s) – best way to hold real estate
http://arctic.org/~dean/sircam/Title(s) – best way to hold real estate.html
Return on investment External links:
Return on Investment (ROI) – Formula and Calculator
My Return on Investment – Capella University
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator – Financial …
SAP NetWeaver External links:
SAP NetWeaver Portal – Louisiana Employees Online
SAP R/3 External links:
SAP SE External links:
SAP SE Training and Tutorials | Lynda.com
SAP SE (ADR): NYSE:SAP quotes & news – Google Finance
SAP – SAP SE Stock quote – CNNMoney.com
SAP Web Application Server External links:
SAP Web Application Server | Application Server | Web …
Saipem Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Secure Socket Layer External links:
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) – Springer
Cisco Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Appliances – Cisco
Software categories External links:
How to Create Custom Software Categories
NCH Software Categories for Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Software developer External links:
Title Software Developer Vs Engineer
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Become a Software Developer In 12 Weeks | Coder Camps
Switching barriers External links:
Switching Barriers in the Four-Stage Loyalty Model – …
Switching barriers financial definition of Switching barriers
Travel management External links:
FlightBridge : Private Aviation Travel Management Made …
The Travel Team – Corporate Travel Management – …
RezDesk Login :: ADTRAV Travel Management :: service …
User interface External links:
Datatel User Interface 5.3
Login – Terminal Customer User Interface – Colonial Pipeline
User Interface: Hyper-V Manager – technet.microsoft.com