What is involved in AIX
Find out what the related areas are that AIX connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a AIX thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its AIX journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward AIX leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which AIX related domains to cover and 143 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
AIX, IBM Yamato Facility, Operating systems timeline, IBM and the Holocaust, Transaction Processing Facility, IBM Workplace OS, The Weather Company, IBM Research – Tokyo, Amdahl Corporation, IBM Deep Thunder, Intellectual property, Project Monterey, IBM POWER Instruction Set Architecture, Dynamic Logical Partitioning, Bourne shell, IBM POWER microprocessors, CPU design, IBM Building, Software release life cycle, 64-bit computing, IBM Almaden Research Center, IBM Research – Africa, AIX Security Expert, 5ESS switch, Role-based access control, IBM Rochester, Trusted Computing Base, IBM PC compatible, Logical Volume Manager, IBM Selectric typewriter, DOS Merge, Intel 386, IBM 6150 RT, Linux on z Systems, Silicon Graphics, IBM 5080, AIX, Reliability engineering, Computer network, IBM Plex, Systems Network Architecture, IBM CASCON, IBM Quantum Experience, Simultaneous multithreading, Research Unix, Web-based System Manager, Deep Thought:
AIX Critical Criteria:
Generalize AIX tactics and devote time assessing AIX and its risk.
– What are all of our AIX domains and what do they do?
– What are the short and long-term AIX goals?
– How do we go about Securing AIX?
IBM Yamato Facility Critical Criteria:
Grasp IBM Yamato Facility planning and sort IBM Yamato Facility activities.
– How important is AIX to the user organizations mission?
– What is the purpose of AIX in relation to the mission?
– Who needs to know about AIX ?
Operating systems timeline Critical Criteria:
Chat re Operating systems timeline leadership and report on setting up Operating systems timeline without losing ground.
– Have you identified your AIX key performance indicators?
– How can the value of AIX be defined?
– How do we maintain AIXs Integrity?
IBM and the Holocaust Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate IBM and the Holocaust adoptions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging IBM and the Holocaust.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the AIX process?
– Is maximizing AIX protection the same as minimizing AIX loss?
Transaction Processing Facility Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Transaction Processing Facility engagements and do something to it.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations AIX values?
– What are our needs in relation to AIX skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with AIX ?
IBM Workplace OS Critical Criteria:
Interpolate IBM Workplace OS tasks and triple focus on important concepts of IBM Workplace OS relationship management.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your AIX activities?
– Are there recognized AIX problems?
The Weather Company Critical Criteria:
Talk about The Weather Company leadership and clarify ways to gain access to competitive The Weather Company services.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding AIX?
– Is AIX Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
IBM Research – Tokyo Critical Criteria:
Examine IBM Research – Tokyo decisions and explain and analyze the challenges of IBM Research – Tokyo.
– Is the scope of AIX defined?
Amdahl Corporation Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Amdahl Corporation management and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Amdahl Corporation projects.
– What are the Essentials of Internal AIX Management?
IBM Deep Thunder Critical Criteria:
Accommodate IBM Deep Thunder tasks and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling IBM Deep Thunder projects.
– What management system can we use to leverage the AIX experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of AIX into the services that we provide?
Intellectual property Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Intellectual property projects and do something to it.
– In the case of a AIX project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a AIX project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any AIX project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What will be the policies for data sharing and public access (including provisions for protection of privacy, confidentiality, security, intellectual property rights and other rights as appropriate)?
– During the last 3 years, have you received a complaint or an injunction arising out of intellectual property infringement, content or advertising?
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– Am I concerned about intellectual property protection and legal issues of my application and data?
– Are there any data with intellectual property (e.g., patent, copyright) concerns with sharing?
– How is transfer pricing regulated for intellectual property in the United States?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a AIX project?
– Who will own any copyright or intellectual property rights to the data?
– How do we measure improved AIX service perception, and satisfaction?
Project Monterey Critical Criteria:
Depict Project Monterey goals and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Project Monterey services.
– Do we monitor the AIX decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Do the AIX decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
IBM POWER Instruction Set Architecture Critical Criteria:
Accommodate IBM POWER Instruction Set Architecture failures and transcribe IBM POWER Instruction Set Architecture as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are internal and external AIX relations?
– How can skill-level changes improve AIX?
– How to Secure AIX?
Dynamic Logical Partitioning Critical Criteria:
Mine Dynamic Logical Partitioning goals and stake your claim.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing AIX? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is there any existing AIX governance structure?
– Is Supporting AIX documentation required?
Bourne shell Critical Criteria:
Apply Bourne shell quality and document what potential Bourne shell megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for AIX strengthening and reform actually originate?
IBM POWER microprocessors Critical Criteria:
Adapt IBM POWER microprocessors tactics and describe which business rules are needed as IBM POWER microprocessors interface.
– For your AIX project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether AIX goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Does AIX create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
CPU design Critical Criteria:
Consolidate CPU design outcomes and cater for concise CPU design education.
– Are accountability and ownership for AIX clearly defined?
– Who will provide the final approval of AIX deliverables?
IBM Building Critical Criteria:
Debate over IBM Building issues and visualize why should people listen to you regarding IBM Building.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new AIX in a volatile global economy?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of AIX that make it risky?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic AIX objectives?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Think about Software release life cycle strategies and describe the risks of Software release life cycle sustainability.
– Do those selected for the AIX team have a good general understanding of what AIX is all about?
– How can you measure AIX in a systematic way?
– Are we Assessing AIX and Risk?
64-bit computing Critical Criteria:
Grade 64-bit computing issues and oversee 64-bit computing management by competencies.
IBM Almaden Research Center Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on IBM Almaden Research Center tasks and raise human resource and employment practices for IBM Almaden Research Center.
– Does our organization need more AIX education?
– Have all basic functions of AIX been defined?
IBM Research – Africa Critical Criteria:
Inquire about IBM Research – Africa leadership and be persistent.
– Can we add value to the current AIX decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this AIX process?
– What business benefits will AIX goals deliver if achieved?
AIX Security Expert Critical Criteria:
Discourse AIX Security Expert issues and drive action.
– Do AIX rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What is our formula for success in AIX ?
5ESS switch Critical Criteria:
Have a session on 5ESS switch planning and optimize 5ESS switch leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your AIX strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How will you know that the AIX project has been successful?
– Can we do AIX without complex (expensive) analysis?
Role-based access control Critical Criteria:
Test Role-based access control results and probe Role-based access control strategic alliances.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these AIX processes?
IBM Rochester Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about IBM Rochester management and test out new things.
– Does AIX analysis show the relationships among important AIX factors?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of AIX activities?
Trusted Computing Base Critical Criteria:
Frame Trusted Computing Base tasks and sort Trusted Computing Base activities.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the AIX process?
– What is true about the trusted computing base in information security?
– How do we keep improving AIX?
IBM PC compatible Critical Criteria:
Guard IBM PC compatible goals and innovate what needs to be done with IBM PC compatible.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to AIX? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if AIX does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Logical Volume Manager Critical Criteria:
Meet over Logical Volume Manager leadership and slay a dragon.
IBM Selectric typewriter Critical Criteria:
Analyze IBM Selectric typewriter outcomes and customize techniques for implementing IBM Selectric typewriter controls.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that AIX objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the AIX requirements in detail?
– What are specific AIX Rules to follow?
DOS Merge Critical Criteria:
Group DOS Merge decisions and catalog DOS Merge activities.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect AIX workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your AIX processes?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a AIX strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Intel 386 Critical Criteria:
Read up on Intel 386 failures and look for lots of ideas.
– Do we all define AIX in the same way?
IBM 6150 RT Critical Criteria:
Judge IBM 6150 RT projects and observe effective IBM 6150 RT.
– Will AIX deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are the usability implications of AIX actions?
Linux on z Systems Critical Criteria:
Align Linux on z Systems goals and grade techniques for implementing Linux on z Systems controls.
Silicon Graphics Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Silicon Graphics management and revise understanding of Silicon Graphics architectures.
– What are the business goals AIX is aiming to achieve?
– How is the value delivered by AIX being measured?
– Does AIX appropriately measure and monitor risk?
IBM 5080 Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on IBM 5080 failures and revise understanding of IBM 5080 architectures.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a AIX project?
– Think of your AIX project. what are the main functions?
– How do we manage AIX Knowledge Management (KM)?
AIX Critical Criteria:
Chart AIX failures and optimize AIX leadership as a key to advancement.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its AIX processes?
– How will you measure your AIX effectiveness?
Reliability engineering Critical Criteria:
Coach on Reliability engineering management and finalize the present value of growth of Reliability engineering.
– What are the disruptive AIX technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of AIX?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Check Computer network decisions and get answers.
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good AIX project manager?
– How do mission and objectives affect the AIX processes of our organization?
IBM Plex Critical Criteria:
Sort IBM Plex tasks and research ways can we become the IBM Plex company that would put us out of business.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving AIX forward?
– Have the types of risks that may impact AIX been identified and analyzed?
Systems Network Architecture Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Systems Network Architecture quality and integrate design thinking in Systems Network Architecture innovation.
– Which AIX goals are the most important?
– How to deal with AIX Changes?
IBM CASCON Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about IBM CASCON goals and frame using storytelling to create more compelling IBM CASCON projects.
– What threat is AIX addressing?
IBM Quantum Experience Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re IBM Quantum Experience management and find out.
– How much does AIX help?
Simultaneous multithreading Critical Criteria:
Focus on Simultaneous multithreading adoptions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Simultaneous multithreading skills.
Research Unix Critical Criteria:
Audit Research Unix engagements and improve Research Unix service perception.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which AIX models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Is the AIX organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Web-based System Manager Critical Criteria:
Infer Web-based System Manager adoptions and attract Web-based System Manager skills.
– Does AIX include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– To what extent does management recognize AIX as a tool to increase the results?
Deep Thought Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Deep Thought management and secure Deep Thought creativity.
– What will drive AIX change?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the AIX Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
AIX External links:
AIX download and service information – Java SDK
Bistro Aix Menus | Jacksonville Restaurant
AIX, UNIX for IBM Power Systems | IBM
IBM Yamato Facility External links:
IBM Yamato Facility – Howling Pixel
IBM Yamato Facility – Revolvy
https://broom02.revolvy.com/topic/IBM Yamato Facility&item_type=topic
IBM Yamato Facility – research.omicsgroup.org
Operating systems timeline External links:
Mac Operating Systems timeline | Timetoast timelines
Operating Systems timeline | World History Project
Operating Systems timeline by Dan Taune on Prezi
IBM and the Holocaust External links:
The Corporation: IBM and the Holocaust – YouTube
IBM and the Holocaust – Internet Archive
The NOOK Book (eBook) of the IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America’s Most Powerful Corporation by Edwin Black at
Transaction Processing Facility External links:
[PDF]IBM z/Transaction Processing Facility: Overview …
IBM z/Transaction Processing Facility
z/Transaction Processing Facility Enterprise Edition – …
IBM Workplace OS External links:
IBM WORKPLACE OS – economictimes.indiatimes.com
IBM Workplace OS – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
IBM Workplace OS – WOW.com
The Weather Company External links:
The Weather Company Womens Rain Pants | TGW.com
The Weather Company, an IBM Business, formerly WSI
Weather Forecast Software & Products | The Weather Company
Amdahl Corporation External links:
Amdahl Corporation – a Sunnyvale, California (CA) …
Amdahl Corporation Employee Reviews – Indeed.com
Reviews from Amdahl Corporation employees about Amdahl Corporation culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more.
IBM Deep Thunder External links:
IBM Deep Thunder – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
IBM Deep Thunder: Latest News & Videos, Photos about …
IBM Deep Thunder Archives – Citizen IBM Blog
Intellectual property External links:
Intellectual Property Rights (IPRS) search – cbp.gov
Lerner David; Intellectual Property Attorneys
Merchant & Gould – Intellectual Property Law
IBM POWER Instruction Set Architecture External links:
IBM POWER instruction set architecture – Howling Pixel
Dynamic Logical Partitioning External links:
DLPAR or Dynamic Logical Partitioning problems \ How …
Dynamic logical partitioning for Linux on POWER
Bourne shell External links:
What is Bourne shell scripting? – Quora
http://The Bourne shell (sh) is a shell, or command-line interpreter, for computer operating systems. The Bourne shell was the default Unix shell of Unix Version 7. Most Unix-like systems continue to have /bin/sh—which will be the Bourne shell, or a symbolic link or hard link to a compatible shell even when other shells are used by most users.
IBM POWER microprocessors External links:
IBM POWER Microprocessors – Quora
IBM POWER microprocessors – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/IBM POWER microprocessors
CPU design External links:
Finding a CPU Design Bug in the Xbox 360 | Hacker News
CPU Design – Home | Facebook
CPU design with Verilog – Google Groups
IBM Building External links:
IBM Building | Broderick Group | Seattle, WA
Properties \ Office \ IBM Building – Unico Prop
IBM Building Pittsburg, PA – Rigidized
Software release life cycle External links:
Software Release Life Cycle – Quora
SCFT-Training v 10.0 | Login | Software Release Life Cycle
Skill Pages – Software release life cycle | Dice.com
64-bit computing External links:
What is 64-bit Computing | Webopedia Reference
64-bit Computing – Lifewire
64-BIT computing – Home | Facebook
IBM Almaden Research Center External links:
IBM Almaden Research Center : Quotes, Address, Contact
IBM Almaden Research Center – YouTube
IBM Almaden Research Center – Meriwest Credit Union
AIX Security Expert External links:
AIX Security Expert – ps-2.kev009.com
Introducing AIX Security Expert – ROOTVG
AIX Security Expert (aixpert) « All about IBM AIX
5ESS switch External links:
CDR -5ESS switch – YouTube
5ess Switch Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
5ess Switch Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Role-based access control External links:
Role-Based Access Control. (eBook, 2007) [WorldCat.org]
IBM Rochester External links:
IBM Rochester Snapchat Story Tour – YouTube
Smarter buildings at IBM Rochester, MN – YouTube
Trusted Computing Base External links:
Trusted computing base
http://The trusted computing base (TCB) of a computer system is the set of all hardware, firmware, and/or software components that are critical to its security, in the sense that bugs or vulnerabilities occurring inside the TCB might jeopardize the security properties of the entire system.
[PDF]Trusted Computing Base Security Models – Cornell …
TCB – Trusted Computing Base (CISSP Free by …
Logical Volume Manager External links:
19.3 About Logical Volume Manager – Oracle
Logical Volume Manager – Deep Inside – YouTube
Linux lvm – Logical Volume Manager – LinuxConfig.org
IBM Selectric typewriter External links:
Ibm selectric typewriter | Etsy
IBM Selectric typewriter review – and how it works! – YouTube
DOS Merge External links:
[Batch] DOS Merge .txt Files – Pastebin.com
Intel 386 External links:
Intel 386 Microprocessor – micro.magnet.fsu.edu
Software for 32-Bit Minix 2.0 (Intel 386)
IBM 6150 RT External links:
IBM 6150 RT News and Updates from The Economic Times
IBM 6150 RT – topics.revolvy.com
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/IBM 6150 RT
IBM 6150 RT – WOW.com
Linux on z Systems External links:
IBM Redbooks | Security and Linux on z Systems
[PDF]z/VM and Linux on z Systems Performance Class
Linux on z Systems Customer Council (Jersey City, NJ) | Meetup
Silicon Graphics External links:
VX6.F : Summary for SILICON GRAPHICS – Yahoo Finance
Working at Silicon Graphics: Employee Reviews | Indeed.com
Jobs at Silicon Graphics | Indeed.com
IBM 5080 External links:
IBM 5080_2 | The Stokes Family | Flickr
AIX External links:
Bistro Aix Menus | Jacksonville Restaurant
AIX download and service information – Java SDK
Reliability engineering External links:
Reliability Engineering Principles for the Plant Engineer
Reliability Engineering – Asset Management Optimization
Computer network External links:
What is a Computer Network? – Definition from Techopedia
Remote services, computer network, PC Health Check – …
Computer Network Engineering | Pierce College District
IBM Plex External links:
GitHub – IBM/plex: The package of IBM’s typeface, IBM Plex.
IBM Plex Sans Font Download
How to install the IBM Plex font – YouTube
Systems Network Architecture External links:
Systems Network Architecture (SNA) Salary | PayScale
http://www.payscale.com › United States › Skill/Specialty
What is Systems Network Architecture (SNA)? …
IBM Systems Network Architecture – technet.microsoft.com
IBM Quantum Experience External links:
IBM Quantum Experience | IBM Quantum Computing …
IBM Quantum Experience. The IBM Quantum Experience (QX) enables anyone to easily connect to IBM’s quantum processor via the IBM Cloud, to run algorithms and experiments, and explore tutorials and simulations around what might be possible with quantum computing. It is an example of cloud based quantum computing.
Running an experiment in the IBM Quantum Experience – YouTube
Simultaneous multithreading External links:
[PDF]z Systems Simultaneous Multithreading Revolution
What is Simultaneous Multithreading? – YouTube
What is simultaneous multithreading? Webopedia …
Research Unix External links:
A research unix Reader | Unix | Computer Programming
A Research UNIX Reader – Internet Archive
Web-based System Manager External links:
epix.goodyear.com @ Web-based System Manager …
Web-based system manager
http://IBM Web-based System Manager (WSM) is a management software (GUI) for administering AIX 5L host on RS/6000 systems, it can be run in standalone mode or in a client-server environment.
Web-based System Manager | Niktips’s Blog
Deep Thought External links:
Bongiorno, Alison / Deep Thought Writing – cbsd.org
Deep Thought & Poetry – Home | Facebook
Deep Thought (@itsthoughs) | Twitter