What is involved in Strategic Communications
Find out what the related areas are that Strategic Communications connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Strategic Communications thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Strategic Communications journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Strategic Communications leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Strategic Communications related domains to cover and 183 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Strategic Communications, Strategic communication, Brand management, Business process, Business unit, Commerce, Communication, Concept, Data management, Global network, Government, Impression management, Logistics, Media intelligence, Media manipulation, Military, Military unit, Political warfare, Project management, Propaganda, Public relations, Reputation management, Strategy, Telecommunication:
Strategic Communications Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Strategic Communications results and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Strategic Communications.
– Strategic communications focuses on strategy not tactics. in imc, you learn to ask how specifically does your company or business communicate effectively with the audiences?
– Which Strategic Communications goals are the most important?
– How can the value of Strategic Communications be defined?
– Are we Assessing Strategic Communications and Risk?
Strategic communication Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Strategic communication engagements and get going.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Strategic Communications workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Strategic Communications is underway?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Define Brand management decisions and look at the big picture.
– Do the Strategic Communications decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is Supporting Strategic Communications documentation required?
– How is the value delivered by Strategic Communications being measured?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Business process management and reduce Business process costs.
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– What are the disruptive Strategic Communications technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Do you design data protection and privacy requirements into the development of your business processes and new systems?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– If we process purchase orders; what is the desired business process around supporting purchase orders?
– If we accept checks what is the desired business process around supporting checks?
– What are the relationships with other business processes and are these necessary?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– How will business process and behavioral change be managed?
– What threat is Strategic Communications addressing?
– What/how are business processes defined?
– What is the business process?
Business unit Critical Criteria:
Sort Business unit results and innovate what needs to be done with Business unit.
– How do we revise the risk appetite statement so that we can link it to risk culture, roll it out effectively to the business units and bring it to life for them. How do we make it meaningful in connecting it with what they do day-to-day?
– Who will be responsible for leading the various bcp teams (e.g., crisis/emergency, recovery, technology, communications, facilities, Human Resources, business units and processes, Customer Service)?
– Does the tool we use have the ability to integrate with Enterprise Active Directory Servers to determine users and build user, role, and business unit policies?
– Service-level requirement, how can the IT or business unit meet the internal marketing departments availability expectation based on the SaaS providers SLA?
– When you put together your strategic plan, is that based on input from your customers, your business units that you service?
– Do we monitor the Strategic Communications decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– No single business unit responsible for enterprise data?
– What are internal and external Strategic Communications relations?
Commerce Critical Criteria:
Match Commerce strategies and devote time assessing Commerce and its risk.
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated with the current CRM, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– What are 3rd party licenses integrated, for example Email Marketing, Travel Planner, e-newsletter, search engine, surveys, reporting/trend analysis, e-Commerce, etc.?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Strategic Communications. How do we gain traction?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Strategic Communications, including any consulting or professional services?
– How you manage your Shipment Tracking in eCommerce through the SAP Business One SAP B1?
– How does B2B eCommerce affect our selection of the right type of relationship?
– Is the security of electronic commerce services and their secure use ensured?
– What ERP software has B2B B2C eCommerce WebStore Integration?
– What erp systems are ecommerce companies using?
– Why should we adopt a Strategic Communications framework?
Communication Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Communication quality and observe effective Communication.
– IoT-based offerings are no longer one-off product hardware sales. Instead, manufacturers will embark on new relationships with customers that last for the entire lifecycle of the hardware product. Through over-the-air (OTA) communications, firmware updates and feature enhancements can be delivered to IoT products for as long as they are installed. Given this shift, how should we price our IoT offerings?
– Identification of the particulars of the monitoring, evaluation, and control efforts that will be employed to appraise the effectiveness of all imc program elements used. what is to be tested?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Strategic Communications process?
– Key messages encapsulate the most important information you wish to communicate what do we want the audience(s) to take away?
– What message design and communication channel(s) are likely to be most effective for the target audience?
– What communication objectives might the game manufacturer set for this advertising message?
– Review the overall effect of communication courses: What do students really think?
– How will we measure whether the communications strategy achieves its objectives?
– What if product tampering occurs and consumers buying csm products are harmed?
– What is most important and will help us best achieve the marketing objective?
– Which of the market segments will be the target market for this campaign?
– Are communications and control networks jointly or separately protected?
– Have creative solutions or special opportunities been fully explored?
– Which kinds of advertising in which media influence you the most?
– What do we need to know to achieve the strategy weve set?
– Risk Communication what to Communicate?
– What type of logistics are required?
– Why is agile communication hard?
Concept Critical Criteria:
Detail Concept tactics and figure out ways to motivate other Concept users.
– Understand the concepts of operating breakeven and financial breakeven. Why is it important to conduct breakeven analyses?
– Will a proof of concept support and create awareness of the power of the AWS cloud within the organization?
– How can we be sure that the amount reflected in the trading account is accurate?
– Which is the correct combination of concepts and Service Management processes?
– Is your organization considering or implementing the concept of DevOps?
– Do all accounting systems require using debits and credits?
– What are the pillar concepts of business intelligence?
– How can a conceptual agile framework be developed?
– What is one way product concepts are tested?
– What types of fraud are being committed?
– When should the revenue be recognized?
– What is the cost of fraud?
– How is fraud committed?
Data management Critical Criteria:
Reason over Data management issues and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Critical to the centralized coordination of technical infrastructure is the cost model used. how can costs be managed to support compliance and good practice rather than hinder the uptake?
– If you are accessing someone elses data, did you document the steps you used in order to obtain the data?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– How is the information/Data Management function configured in your organization?
– Which indices and catalogs should reference the availability of the data?
– What details (metadata) are necessary for others to use your data?
– What file formats and naming conventions will you be using?
– How will you create a de-identified copy of the data?
– What is the schedule and budget for data collection?
– Which data will be publicly-accessible, if at all?
– Is qa/qc occurring throughout the data lifecycle?
– If existing data are used, what are its origins?
– Where and on what media will you store the data?
– What are the ramifications of cloud storage?
– What requirements are imposed by others?
– Who is expected to use the shared data?
– What metadata standard will be used?
– What is the information context?
– Who provides PDM software?
– Is PDM a good fit?
Global network Critical Criteria:
Confer re Global network leadership and explain and analyze the challenges of Global network.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Strategic Communications in a volatile global economy?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Strategic Communications?
– Is the scope of Strategic Communications defined?
Government Critical Criteria:
Confer over Government governance and drive action.
– A significant amount of data will be regularly received by the vendor (from nih, cms, and other government and non-government entities). is this data de-identified according to hipaa privacy standards as a matter of course?
– At a high level, the challenge with the Patriot Act can be viewed as location, location, location. Exactly where is your data physically, and therefore whose government policies will your data be subject to?
– Any changes in the status of the location due to the disaster from the local or federal government that should be considered?
– Have current policies from relevant government and nongovernment agencies relating to the proposed program been examined?
– Under what conditions are managers an absolute requirement in an agile environment? (e.g. Government applications?)
– Does the information generation, consumption and/or access conform to agency specific and government regulations?
– Are there any promotions being done in your local area by government or others that you can take advantage of?
– Have any stakeholders, other government sectors or agencies expressed an interest in sustaining the program?
– Exactly where is your data physically, and therefore whose government policies will your data be subject to?
– Does your government have adequate policies to protect confidential electronic data / communications?
– Does your organization share data with other entities (with customers, suppliers, companies, government, etc)?
– What steps has the federal government taken to mitigate the draconian effect of AKS on ACOs?
– How do we Identify specific Strategic Communications investment and emerging trends?
– Are assumptions made in Strategic Communications stated explicitly?
Impression management Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Impression management failures and forecast involvement of future Impression management projects in development.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Strategic Communications?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Strategic Communications project?
Logistics Critical Criteria:
Check Logistics adoptions and customize techniques for implementing Logistics controls.
– What are the key elements of your Strategic Communications performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Strategic Communications been identified and analyzed?
– Who sets the Strategic Communications standards?
Media intelligence Critical Criteria:
Analyze Media intelligence leadership and find answers.
– How do we Improve Strategic Communications service perception, and satisfaction?
– Have all basic functions of Strategic Communications been defined?
– Are there Strategic Communications Models?
Media manipulation Critical Criteria:
Align Media manipulation risks and slay a dragon.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Strategic Communications project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Strategic Communications project?
– What are the business goals Strategic Communications is aiming to achieve?
Military Critical Criteria:
Chart Military engagements and triple focus on important concepts of Military relationship management.
– Do Strategic Communications rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are the usability implications of Strategic Communications actions?
– What is your foreign military service history?
– What is your military service record?
Military unit Critical Criteria:
Boost Military unit strategies and devise Military unit key steps.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Strategic Communications strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Strategic Communications strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Will Strategic Communications deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Political warfare Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Political warfare projects and interpret which customers can’t participate in Political warfare because they lack skills.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Strategic Communications values?
– How can you measure Strategic Communications in a systematic way?
– Who needs to know about Strategic Communications ?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Read up on Project management governance and catalog what business benefits will Project management goals deliver if achieved.
– From an organizational perspective, what are the trade-offs involved in shifting all project management to an agile approach, versus maintaining a mixed portfolio of agile and traditional development?
– Are there implications for the observed success of agile to date that reflects on our larger understanding of organizations and their fundamental nature?
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– How difficult is agile project management for outsourced or off-shored projects?
– Justification: what are your research questions and how do you motivate them?
– How is agile project management performed in the context of virtual teams?
– What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Does implementation of project management require a culture change?
– What is the role of Project Management Body of Knowledge?
– How do we deal with change when it happens?
– Why are Strategic Communications skills important?
– How do we minimize impact and cost?
– Velocity -how fast are we going?
– what is causing us to be behind?
– What is Project Management?
– When does a project begin and end?
– Who is a customer?
– When is done done?
Propaganda Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Propaganda governance and catalog Propaganda activities.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Strategic Communications agendas for the next 3 years?
Public relations Critical Criteria:
Mix Public relations planning and observe effective Public relations.
– If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
– What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
– Is maximizing Strategic Communications protection the same as minimizing Strategic Communications loss?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Strategic Communications processes of our organization?
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
Reputation management Critical Criteria:
Examine Reputation management results and probe Reputation management strategic alliances.
– Is Strategic Communications dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Do you have a plan in place for reputation management after an event?
Strategy Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Strategy issues and track iterative Strategy results.
– Having defined its strategy and target client base, the CSP must define the requirements for providing services to that client base. What specific regulatory or industry requirements are applicable?
– Does the strategy include a timeline detailing when critical messages should go out?
– What is the long-term strategy for maintaining, curating and archiving the data?
– Is there a defined enterprise IT tool strategy and architecture model?
– What primary strategy do you recommend for a newly presented SKU?
– Exit strategy. what happens if the contract must be terminated?
– Can I explain our corporate Cybersecurity strategy to others?
– Should we evaluate a hybrid cloud strategy?
– Do we have past Strategic Communications Successes?
– What is the strategy for managing risks?
Telecommunication Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Telecommunication outcomes and get out your magnifying glass.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– How does each element of our Telecommunications (TC) and Data Communications affect the basic structure of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (C.I.A.)?
– Are interdependent service providers (for example, fuel suppliers, telecommunications providers, meter data processors) included in risk assessments?
– Among the Strategic Communications product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What is the proper regulatory classification for voip services (telecommunications or value-added)?
– Does the Strategic Communications task fit the clients priorities?
– Voip – telecommunications or value added service?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Strategic Communications Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Strategic Communications External links:
What is strategic communications? – IDEA
HudsonLake | Strategic Communications
What is strategic communications? – IDEA
Strategic communication External links:
What is strategic communications? – IDEA
Strategic Communication | CSUSB
Office of Strategic Communication
Brand management External links:
RepEquity® | Digital Brand Management, Search …
Our Brand Management Solution – MarketNow – …
BlueSky ETO – Brand Management Software Customized …
Business process External links:
[PDF]Business Process Guide Position Management : …
What is business process? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Canon Business Process Services
Business unit External links:
Sign In · Quadramed Business Unit Portal
Graco Products by Business Unit
Title Business Unit Director Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Commerce External links:
Locations | Commerce Bank
Communication External links:
Lingraphica – The Aphasia Company – Communication …
Concept External links:
Title Concepts» Contact: Title Concepts | Shannon Blatt
Research Concept Paper – Statistics Solutions
Concept (@ConceptOfficial) | Twitter
Data management External links:
Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Online Data Management System
What is Data Management: Definition | Informatica US
Meter Data Management System (MDMS)
Global network External links:
The Global Network of Estes Forwarding Worldwide
Government External links:
Government Entities | Internal Revenue Service
Impression management External links:
Impression Management Flashcards | Quizlet
Impression Management Essay – 1819 Words | Bartleby
Logistics External links:
– CarrierPoint – Logistics Software Solutions – 2
United Vision Logistics – Official Site
Media intelligence External links:
Infegy: Social Media Intelligence and Text Analysis Solutions
Media Analysis & Media Data: Media Intelligence Center | …
FIBEP World Media Intelligence Congress
Media manipulation External links:
Media Manipulation and Disinformation Online | Data & …
Military External links:
Michigan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs – …
Military unit External links:
Military Unit Finder
military unit | armed forces | Britannica.com
Military Units – VetFriends.com
Political warfare External links:
The ‘Dear Comandante’ letter (1984) – Political Warfare
http://Political warfare is the use of political means to compel an opponent to do one’s will, based on hostile intent. The term political describes the calculated interaction between a government and a target audience to include another state’s government, military, and/or general population.
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Propaganda External links:
Love + Propaganda
Spain’s propaganda war – CNN Video
Public relations External links:
Public Relations – Americas Job Exchange
Public Relations | About Us – Capital Title of Texas, LLC.
Jobs Board – Public Relations Institute of Australia
Reputation management External links:
Hotel Reputation Management – travelmediagroup.com
http://Ad · travelmediagroup.com/Reputation/Respond-Program
Binary Fountain | Patient Experience and Reputation Management
Reputation Management for Doctors, Dentists & Physicians
Telecommunication External links:
TKS | English telecommunications.
CHR Solutions – Telecommunications Engineering, …
ETCZone.com – Enhanced Telecommunications …