What is involved in Enterprise systems
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise systems connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise systems thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise systems management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise systems management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise systems related domains to cover and 113 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise systems, Enterprise system, Application software, Business intelligence, Customer relationship management, Data warehousing, Enterprise information system, Enterprise planning system, Enterprise planning systems, Enterprise resource planning, Enterprise software, Global Information Network Architecture, IBM Smarter Computing, IT infrastructure, NetWeaver, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Server:
Enterprise systems Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Enterprise systems risks and get the big picture.
– How do enterprise systems help businesses achieve operational excellence?
– Will Enterprise systems deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How do enterprise systems provide value for businesses?
– Are there Enterprise systems problems defined?
Enterprise system Critical Criteria:
Dissect Enterprise system goals and find the ideas you already have.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Enterprise systems into the services that we provide?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Enterprise systems project?
– What is our formula for success in Enterprise systems ?
– What prevents enterprise system decay?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Application software visions and shift your focus.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Enterprise systems project?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– Why should we adopt a Enterprise systems framework?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Business intelligence projects and handle a jump-start course to Business intelligence.
– Does your BI solution honor distinctions with dashboards that automatically authenticate and provide the appropriate level of detail based on a users privileges to the data source?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Does the software allow users to bring in data from outside the company on-the-flylike demographics and market research to augment corporate data?
– Can your software connect to all forms of data, from text and Excel files to cloud and enterprise-grade databases, with a few clicks?
– What information can be provided in regards to a sites usage and business intelligence usage within the intranet environment?
– How is Business Intelligence affecting marketing decisions during the Digital Revolution?
– Does your BI solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– What is the difference between business intelligence and business analytics?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– No single business unit responsible for enterprise data?
– What are the most efficient ways to create the models?
– How can data extraction from dashboards be automated?
– What are some real time data analysis frameworks?
– What is the future of BI Score cards KPI etc?
– What are our tools for big data analytics?
– How is business intelligence disseminated?
– What is your products direction?
Customer relationship management Critical Criteria:
Drive Customer relationship management tasks and find out.
– If mobile technologies are supported, how is the software optimized for use on smartphone, tables, and other mobile devices?
– Is there an integrated FAQ structure already in the exchange that can be tapped and expanded into the CRM for the agents?
– In the case of system downtime that exceeds an agreed-upon SLA, what remedies do you provide?
– Performance measurement system design: Should process based approaches be adopted?
– Is the difference between calls offered and calls answered abandoned calls?
– What are the roles of suppliers and supply chain partners in CRM?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– What were the factors that caused CRM to appear when it did?
– What are the necessary steps to evaluate a CRM solution?
– What storage quotas should be applied to each mailbox?
– Do you offer value to visitors coming to your website?
– What are the fastest growing CRM solutions right now?
– Can visitors/customers register on your website?
– What kinds of problems/issues do they encounter?
– Do calls labeled Self Service speak to a CSR?
– What is your live agent queue abandon rate?
– What s the Best Way to Outsource CRM?
– What system will the data come from?
– What is on-demand CRM?
– Who are my customers?
Data warehousing Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Data warehousing tasks and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Data warehousing.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Enterprise systems services/products?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– What are all of our Enterprise systems domains and what do they do?
– Is there any existing Enterprise systems governance structure?
Enterprise information system Critical Criteria:
Systematize Enterprise information system quality and get the big picture.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Enterprise systems processes?
– How can you negotiate Enterprise systems successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Enterprise planning system Critical Criteria:
Start Enterprise planning system results and report on developing an effective Enterprise planning system strategy.
– For your Enterprise systems project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Enterprise systems study?
– What threat is Enterprise systems addressing?
Enterprise planning systems Critical Criteria:
Coach on Enterprise planning systems results and correct Enterprise planning systems management by competencies.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Enterprise systems models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– To what extent does management recognize Enterprise systems as a tool to increase the results?
– What is the purpose of Enterprise systems in relation to the mission?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Apply Enterprise resource planning leadership and devote time assessing Enterprise resource planning and its risk.
– Will Enterprise systems have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Enterprise systems goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Does Enterprise systems analysis show the relationships among important Enterprise systems factors?
Enterprise software Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Enterprise software tasks and look at the big picture.
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– Among the Enterprise systems product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Does Enterprise systems systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– In what ways are Enterprise systems vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is your LMS integrated to your current enterprise software?
Global Information Network Architecture Critical Criteria:
Discuss Global Information Network Architecture projects and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Global Information Network Architecture projects.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Enterprise systems project manager?
IBM Smarter Computing Critical Criteria:
Grade IBM Smarter Computing failures and revise understanding of IBM Smarter Computing architectures.
– Which customers cant participate in our Enterprise systems domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How likely is the current Enterprise systems plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Do Enterprise systems rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
IT infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Substantiate IT infrastructure issues and observe effective IT infrastructure.
– Can we achieve even more efficient utilization of software and hardware within mission systems and IT infrastructure investments?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Enterprise systems is underway?
– What IT infrastructure do we have and what do we need to support the future organization needs?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Enterprise systems with what users do day-to-day?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– How to get alignment between business strategy and IT infrastructure?
NetWeaver Critical Criteria:
Guard NetWeaver projects and learn.
– Think about the people you identified for your Enterprise systems project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Who will provide the final approval of Enterprise systems deliverables?
– Who needs to know about Enterprise systems ?
Oracle Fusion Middleware Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Oracle Fusion Middleware management and probe Oracle Fusion Middleware strategic alliances.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Enterprise systems objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Server Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Server visions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Server services.
– We keep records about our employees; partners and their employees from around the world. Records are stored on servers in the USA using SAP and Microsoft Cloud (not sure where these MS Cloud servers are located). What are our duties to protect data when servers are out of our reach?
– Consider your own Enterprise systems project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do you ensure that systems and applications are appropriately and sufficiently isolated and protecting against malicious server to server communication?
– Do server configuration and management follow a build and/or configuration checklist approved by the hopkins icsc (e.g. windows server security standards)?
– Is the server registered in the it@jh tenable/nessus scanning tool for scans to be administered at least once per quarter?
– Which type of attack could enable the installation of a rogue hypervisor and take control of underlying server resources?
– Are cookies being transmitted between Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook and the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– Do you see regulatory restrictions on data/servers localisation requirements as obstacles for data-driven innovation?
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of highor medium-critical operational data?
– Is your organizations business affected by regulatory restrictions on data/servers localisation requirements?
– Are all servers actively monitored and access logged and monitored through it@jh systems center?
– What is your approach to server analytics and community analytics for program measurement?
– What is a limitation of a server-based intrusion detection system (ids)?
– Disaster recovery site–what happens if contractors server is destroyed?
– Will Cloud Computing replace traditional dedicated server hosting?
– Can Microsoft SQL Server Express be contacted?
– Is disaster recovery server in scope?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise systems management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Enterprise systems External links:
Enterprise Systems Engineering | VA Mobile
National Enterprise Systems
Student Enterprise Systems – Northwestern University
Enterprise system External links:
General Dynamics Enterprise System External Login 1
Office of Head Start – Head Start Enterprise System
Enterprise System – BombBomb
Application software External links:
Title application software Free Download for Windows
wiTECH Diagnostic Application Software Download – …
Business intelligence External links:
Business Intelligence and Big Data Analytics Software
Mortgage Business Intelligence Software :: Motivity Solutions
Oracle Business Intelligence – RCI
Customer relationship management External links:
Agile CRM – Customer Relationship Management
Customer Relationship Management | CRM Software – Vtiger
Data warehousing External links:
Data warehousing (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Data Warehousing – Concepts – Tutorials Point
Data Warehousing Consultant – wexnermedical.osu.edu
Enterprise information system External links:
– MEP’s Enterprise Information System (MEIS)
SCEIS Logins » South Carolina Enterprise Information System
– MEP’s Enterprise Information System (MEIS)
Enterprise resource planning External links:
Enterprise Resource Planning
Enterprise Resource Planning System | Hill International
What is ERP (Enterprise resource planning)? – NetSuite.com
Enterprise software External links:
Kadince – Enterprise software for financial institutions
Enterprise Software | Plantronics
Cloud Enterprise Software Specialized by Industry | Infor
Global Information Network Architecture External links:
Tag Archives: Global Information Network Architecture
Global Information Network Architecture – FreshPatents.com
Global Information Network Architecture – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Global Information Network Architecture
IBM Smarter Computing External links:
IBM Smarter Computing | DancingDinosaur
IBM Smarter Computing Workload Simulator – United States
IT infrastructure External links:
What is IT Infrastructure? – Definition from Techopedia
NetWeaver External links:
What is NetWeaver? – Definition from WhatIs.com
MWRD – SAP NetWeaver Portal
SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java
Oracle Fusion Middleware External links:
UNM Oracle Fusion Middleware 11gR2 Forms Services …
Welcome to GoSOLAR — Oracle Fusion Middleware — Server-9
Oracle Fusion Middleware Forms Services – WebUtil
Server External links:
What is a Process Server? – ServeNow.com
IBM HTTP Server