What is involved in Franchising
Find out what the related areas are that Franchising connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Franchising thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Franchising journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Franchising leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Franchising related domains to cover and 107 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Franchising, American Association of Franchisees and Dealers, Anti-trust legislation, Business model, CAP Markets, Cable television franchise fee, Chain store, Code of conduct, Demographics of India, Dunkin’ Donuts, Fast food, Federal Trade Commission, Foreign market entry modes, Franchise Disclosure Document, Franchise agreement, Franchise consulting, Franchise fraud, Franchise termination, Great Clips, Great Depression, H&R Block, Hampton Inn, Home business, Logistics and transportation, Media event, Middle Ages, Pizza Hut, Private right of action, Resolution of disputes, Securities and Exchange Commission, Singer Corporation, Social enterprise, Social franchising, Speed dating, Standstill period, Sui generis, T.G.I. Friday’s, Technological alliance, The Franchise Rule, The Globe and Mail, Third party logistics, Trade Practices Act 1974, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Venture capital, Western Union, When the Music Stops, World Economic Forum, World Social Forum, World War II:
Franchising Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Franchising tactics and spearhead techniques for implementing Franchising.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Franchising process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Franchising process available?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Franchising does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Are accountability and ownership for Franchising clearly defined?
American Association of Franchisees and Dealers Critical Criteria:
Test American Association of Franchisees and Dealers planning and finalize specific methods for American Association of Franchisees and Dealers acceptance.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Franchising objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is Franchising dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Do Franchising rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Anti-trust legislation Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Anti-trust legislation tasks and research ways can we become the Anti-trust legislation company that would put us out of business.
– Think about the functions involved in your Franchising project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Franchising project?
– How do we Lead with Franchising in Mind?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Analyze Business model outcomes and get the big picture.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Franchising project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Franchising project lifecycle?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– In what ways are Franchising vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is the Franchising organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
CAP Markets Critical Criteria:
Substantiate CAP Markets failures and prioritize challenges of CAP Markets.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Franchising strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Does Franchising systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Cable television franchise fee Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Cable television franchise fee failures and balance specific methods for improving Cable television franchise fee results.
– Is there a Franchising Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Franchising project?
– What are the barriers to increased Franchising production?
Chain store Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Chain store quality and gather practices for scaling Chain store.
– What are the usability implications of Franchising actions?
Code of conduct Critical Criteria:
Systematize Code of conduct governance and cater for concise Code of conduct education.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Franchising project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Franchising?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Franchising moving forward?
Demographics of India Critical Criteria:
Grasp Demographics of India projects and devise Demographics of India key steps.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Franchising forward?
– How do we measure improved Franchising service perception, and satisfaction?
– Do we all define Franchising in the same way?
Dunkin’ Donuts Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Dunkin’ Donuts management and look in other fields.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Franchising is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Who needs to know about Franchising ?
Fast food Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Fast food issues and customize techniques for implementing Fast food controls.
– Good Customer Service at a fast food drive through window is fairly easy to visualize. but what about good Customer Service in our organization?
– What are the short and long-term Franchising goals?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Franchising Management?
– Have all basic functions of Franchising been defined?
Federal Trade Commission Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Federal Trade Commission planning and ask questions.
– Does Franchising create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What will drive Franchising change?
Foreign market entry modes Critical Criteria:
Refer to Foreign market entry modes engagements and sort Foreign market entry modes activities.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Franchising been identified and analyzed?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Franchising?
Franchise Disclosure Document Critical Criteria:
Start Franchise Disclosure Document results and mentor Franchise Disclosure Document customer orientation.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Franchising? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do we go about Comparing Franchising approaches/solutions?
– How can skill-level changes improve Franchising?
Franchise agreement Critical Criteria:
Apply Franchise agreement strategies and perfect Franchise agreement conflict management.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Franchising. How do we gain traction?
– Who will provide the final approval of Franchising deliverables?
– How do we go about Securing Franchising?
Franchise consulting Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Franchise consulting engagements and assess and formulate effective operational and Franchise consulting strategies.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Franchising agendas for the next 3 years?
– Is a Franchising Team Work effort in place?
Franchise fraud Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Franchise fraud management and drive action.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Franchising into the services that we provide?
– What threat is Franchising addressing?
Franchise termination Critical Criteria:
Talk about Franchise termination goals and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Franchise termination.
– what is the best design framework for Franchising organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Great Clips Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Great Clips risks and change contexts.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Franchising in a volatile global economy?
– How do we Identify specific Franchising investment and emerging trends?
Great Depression Critical Criteria:
Jump start Great Depression planning and integrate design thinking in Great Depression innovation.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Franchising process?
– How can you measure Franchising in a systematic way?
H&R Block Critical Criteria:
Prioritize H&R Block goals and look in other fields.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Franchising leader?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Franchising? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is Franchising Required?
Hampton Inn Critical Criteria:
Adapt Hampton Inn tactics and adopt an insight outlook.
– Does Franchising analysis show the relationships among important Franchising factors?
– What is the purpose of Franchising in relation to the mission?
– How can the value of Franchising be defined?
Home business Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Home business quality and perfect Home business conflict management.
– Think about the people you identified for your Franchising project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– To what extent does management recognize Franchising as a tool to increase the results?
Logistics and transportation Critical Criteria:
Derive from Logistics and transportation decisions and track iterative Logistics and transportation results.
– Are there Franchising problems defined?
Media event Critical Criteria:
Explore Media event quality and devote time assessing Media event and its risk.
– What are the long-term Franchising goals?
Middle Ages Critical Criteria:
Check Middle Ages engagements and cater for concise Middle Ages education.
– Do the Franchising decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Pizza Hut Critical Criteria:
Judge Pizza Hut governance and overcome Pizza Hut skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Franchising move?
– What are current Franchising Paradigms?
Private right of action Critical Criteria:
Unify Private right of action risks and point out Private right of action tensions in leadership.
– How do we know that any Franchising analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Resolution of disputes Critical Criteria:
Shape Resolution of disputes goals and achieve a single Resolution of disputes view and bringing data together.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Franchising values?
Securities and Exchange Commission Critical Criteria:
Generalize Securities and Exchange Commission engagements and create a map for yourself.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Franchising strengthening and reform actually originate?
– When a Franchising manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Singer Corporation Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Singer Corporation risks and intervene in Singer Corporation processes and leadership.
– Do those selected for the Franchising team have a good general understanding of what Franchising is all about?
– What are internal and external Franchising relations?
Social enterprise Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Social enterprise results and secure Social enterprise creativity.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Franchising project manager?
Social franchising Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Social franchising quality and create a map for yourself.
– How will you know that the Franchising project has been successful?
Speed dating Critical Criteria:
Participate in Speed dating governance and devote time assessing Speed dating and its risk.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Franchising is underway?
– How likely is the current Franchising plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Will Franchising deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Standstill period Critical Criteria:
Chart Standstill period strategies and create a map for yourself.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Franchising information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Sui generis Critical Criteria:
Gauge Sui generis failures and budget for Sui generis challenges.
– Do we have past Franchising Successes?
T.G.I. Friday’s Critical Criteria:
Accommodate T.G.I. Friday’s leadership and do something to it.
– Who sets the Franchising standards?
– Are there Franchising Models?
Technological alliance Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Technological alliance issues and pay attention to the small things.
– What business benefits will Franchising goals deliver if achieved?
– Why should we adopt a Franchising framework?
The Franchise Rule Critical Criteria:
Recall The Franchise Rule adoptions and report on developing an effective The Franchise Rule strategy.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Franchising?
– Can we do Franchising without complex (expensive) analysis?
The Globe and Mail Critical Criteria:
Jump start The Globe and Mail strategies and budget for The Globe and Mail challenges.
Third party logistics Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Third party logistics outcomes and attract Third party logistics skills.
– How do we Improve Franchising service perception, and satisfaction?
Trade Practices Act 1974 Critical Criteria:
Sort Trade Practices Act 1974 management and arbitrate Trade Practices Act 1974 techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Which Franchising goals are the most important?
– How will you measure your Franchising effectiveness?
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Critical Criteria:
Rank U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission management and be persistent.
Venture capital Critical Criteria:
Detail Venture capital management and shift your focus.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Franchising activities?
Western Union Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Western Union outcomes and mentor Western Union customer orientation.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Franchising services/products?
When the Music Stops Critical Criteria:
Start When the Music Stops engagements and stake your claim.
– What are our needs in relation to Franchising skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
World Economic Forum Critical Criteria:
Examine World Economic Forum risks and assess what counts with World Economic Forum that we are not counting.
– What are specific Franchising Rules to follow?
World Social Forum Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about World Social Forum results and mentor World Social Forum customer orientation.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Franchising processes of our organization?
– How much does Franchising help?
World War II Critical Criteria:
Derive from World War II strategies and shift your focus.
– How can you negotiate Franchising successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are all of our Franchising domains and what do they do?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Franchising Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Franchising External links:
Freddy’s Franchising – Become Part of the Family
Chuck E. Cheese’s Franchising Opportunities
Restaurant Franchising & Innovation Summit
American Association of Franchisees and Dealers External links:
American Association of Franchisees and Dealers …
American Association of Franchisees and Dealers …
Business model External links:
OneTitle | business model
Business Model Canvas Explained – YouTube
Business Model Definition | Investopedia
CAP Markets External links:
Cap Markets | American Banker
Chain store External links:
Chain store age. (eJournal / eMagazine, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
chain store | retailing operation | Britannica.com
Chain Store Maintenance: HOME
Code of conduct External links:
The NAI Code of Conduct | NAI: Network Advertising Initiative
Code of Conduct | Community Health Systems (CHS)
Demographics of India External links:
Demographics of India, Indian Demographics Data
Dunkin’ Donuts External links:
Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee Blends | Official Dunkin’ Donuts…
Dunkin’ Donuts Guest Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Dunkin’ Donuts Guest Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Fast food External links:
Locations – Wienerschnitzel – Fast Food Near Me
Fast Food Restaurants Near Me | Krystal Hamburger Locations
Federal Trade Commission External links:
Federal Trade Commission | Protecting America’s …
Federal Trade Commission – Home | Facebook
Federal Trade Commission (FTC) – Encyclopedia – …
Foreign market entry modes External links:
Foreign Market Entry Modes – QuickMBA
Foreign Market Entry Modes by Niels Elgersma on Prezi
Foreign Market Entry Modes – Course Hero
Franchise Disclosure Document External links:
[PDF]FRANCHISE DISCLOSURE DOCUMENT HILTON …
Franchise disclosure document Definition | Investopedia
How to Read a Franchise Disclosure Document – Entrepreneur
Franchise agreement External links:
Franchise Agreement – Template & Sample Form | …
[PDF]Cable Franchise Agreement – Loudoun County, …
Franchise consulting External links:
Franchise Consultants UK | Ashtons Franchise Consulting
Franchise fraud External links:
Distributorship and Franchise Fraud – USPS
Franchise Fraud, Pyramid Schemes, Ponzi Schemes
Franchise Fraud – Garner & Ginsburg, P.A. Law Offices
Franchise termination External links:
Franchise Termination | Franchise Non Renewal …
Franchise Termination Laws | Chron.com
Great Clips External links:
Great Clips – Official Site
Great Clips – Home | Facebook
Great Clips Coupons – Save $6 w/ 2017 Coupon & Promo …
Great Depression External links:
Unemployment Statistics during the Great Depression
The Great Depression [ushistory.org]
About the Great Depression – english.illinois.edu
Hampton Inn External links:
Hampton Inn Customer Support
Hampton Inn Hotel Deals and Special Offers
Hampton Inn & Suites | Government and Military
Media event External links:
Video: Bardstown Police media event about officer …
Middle Ages External links:
Middle Ages – Facts & Summary – HISTORY.com
Middle Ages | Definition & Facts | Britannica.com
Middle Ages/ Renaissance Flashcards | Quizlet
Pizza Hut External links:
PerfectTacos | Taco Bell | KFC | A & W | Pizza Hut
Pizza Hut Locations & Hours Near Franklin, WI – YP.com
Welcome to Pizza Hut
Private right of action External links:
Private Right of Action legal definition – Quimbee
Resolution of disputes External links:
[PDF]Resolution of Disputes — The Next Generation – APPA
[PDF]Standard Procedures for Resolution of Disputes …
Securities and Exchange Commission External links:
U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Careers – …
[PDF]SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION 17 …
Securities and Exchange Commission – HISTORY.com
Singer Corporation External links:
Singer Corporation Articles, Photos and Videos – AOL
Singer Corporation news, features and videos – WOW.com
Social enterprise External links:
Social Enterprise | Who We Are | Krochet Kids Internatinal
Social Enterprise Alliance
Cullinane Law Group – Nonprofit + Social Enterprise Lawyer
Social franchising External links:
Social Franchising for Health | Global Health eLearning …
Social Franchising Sverige – Home | Facebook
Reports and case studies | Social Franchising for Health
Speed dating External links:
Speed Dating – Free Online Girl Games from AddictingGames
Meet Phoenix Singles | Phoenix Speed Dating | Singles …
Cleveland Singles | Mature Dating | Cleveland Speed Dating
Standstill period External links:
Standstill Period definitions – Defined Term
Sui generis External links:
Sui Generis Designer Consignment – Men’s & Women’s – …
Sui Generis | Definition of Sui Generis by Merriam-Webster
sui generis – Word of the Day | Dictionary.com
T.G.I. Friday’s External links:
T.G.I. Friday’s Restaurant in Las Vegas, NV – The Orleans
T.G.I. Friday’s® Jack Daniels® Sauce Recipe – Allrecipes.com
Technological alliance External links:
A New Bearing From A Technological Alliance – Kingsbury
Dynamik Technological Alliance S.L., Parque …
Reportaje de DYNAMIK Technological Alliance en ETB – …
The Franchise Rule External links:
The Franchise Rule – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/The Franchise Rule&item_type=topic
The Globe and Mail External links:
The Globe and Mail – Help
The Globe and Mail French River Cruise – Official Site
The Globe and Mail – Home | Facebook
Third party logistics External links:
Third Party Logistics – AbeBooks
Third Party Logistics Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Trade Practices Act 1974 External links:
Trade Practices Act 1974 – Legislation
Trade Practices Act 1974 (Book, 2003) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Trade Practices Act 1974 – JURIST
Venture capital External links:
Venture Capital – Mashable
Western Union External links:
Western Union Locations Near Me – 24 Hour Money …
Western Union Agent Gateway
Send money to an inmate – Western Union
When the Music Stops External links:
When the music stops (Book, 1971) [WorldCat.org]
When the Music Stops – AbeBooks
When the music stops (Musical CD, 1992) [WorldCat.org]
World Economic Forum External links:
Davos 2017: World Economic Forum – CBS News
Global Risks 2013 – Reports – World Economic Forum
World Economic Forum – Official Site
World Social Forum External links:
World Social Forum Free Palestine – Home | Facebook
World Social Forum – Home | Facebook
Jew-Hatred at the World Social Forum | The American Spectator
World War II External links:
Welcome to the World War II Memorial – Search
World War II | HistoryNet
World War II Records | National Archives